PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Hughes autobiography Hughes/Bonamassa

Spudman
December 3rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Glen Hughes has a new autobiography coming out. This should be pretty good considering all his years and all the people he's played with (Deep Purple, Tommy Bolin, Tony Iommi, Joe Lynn Turner, and so on.

GLENN HUGHES (ex-Deep Purple) Announces Autobiography For 2010

Legendary singer and bassist Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE) has announced that he will be releasing his autobiography in 2010, to be published worldwide by Foruli Publications. The book, co-written with Joel McIver and featuring an introduction by METALLICA's Lars Ulrich, will be published in a hand signed luxury first edition complete with rare photos and an exclusive 10" vinyl EP. Pre-orders will be available from next spring.

Further details will be released early in 2010.

Hughes said, "My autobiography is going to be a literary event. I've been working on this book for the last three years and you've never read anything like it. It's the true story of the Voice Of Rock, from my childhood via my career in TRAPEZE and DEEP PURPLE to my addiction and recovery. I'm now on top of the world as a solo artist and after so many years of sobriety, I can hardly believe that I survived. I spent a million dollars on cocaine and, when you've read this book, you won't believe it either."

The as yet untitled book features contributions from Hughes' friend and comrade in DEEP PURPLE David Coverdale, his lifelong musical collaborator Tony Iommi of BLACK SABBATH and a host of others including Angie Bowie, John Varvatos and the members of THE KLF (with whom Hughes scored a global hit in 1991).

Here he is with Joe Bonamassa this past November.

dsN_kJVR-YI

sumitomo
December 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM
SMOKIN!!! :dude :rockon: :beavisnbutthead: Sumi:D

M29
December 4th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Need more Marshall's :rockon

Spudman
December 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I'm really excited about this. I think it will be a great read.

Spudman
May 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Here is a great Glenn Hughes interview podcast. It's titled "gardening is so rock"
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gardening-is-so-rocknroll/id340316582?i=81129241

The other interviews look good too.

Jimi75
May 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately, the supergroup will not take place. Egos were too big as I heard, only Bonamassa was cool.

Robert
May 6th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Is the book out yet?

Spudman
May 6th, 2010, 09:32 AM
No book date yet but I did find this - damn managers.

http://www.thehighwaystar.com/news/2010/04/23/black-country-is-in-trouble/
It looks like the future of the band formerly known as Black Country is under one big question mark. Producer Kevin Shirley reports on his Facebook page:

I’m the studio with Journey - producing their next album. Despite not rushing, we already have two new tunes in the can! They are a really special band. Black Country looks to have imploded, with a completed album in the can! We set out as friends and lovers of music, to make something special. Then the managers got involved… and kept changing their wants, ultimately demanding EVERYTHING! I can’t absolve all the musicians - but one I can completely absolve, is the one who actually has a career and has just been voted Best Guitarist in the World - who was 100% open ALL the way. And he doesn’t ride on anyone’s coattails… see below. Maybe they’ll come to their senses…. I’m not holding my breath.

He quickly followed with an update:

OK - I have been urged to amend this - like everything on the internet, things get twisted! I believe there is a salvage operation to rescue survivors from the downed BC plane. I have just had a big conversation with Glenn, who is mortified about the situation, as he has really put his heart and soul into it. I love Glenn. Here’s the salvage plan … See Moreguys - everyone is equal. It’s that easy. Cut out the cancer that is anyone greedy, and this thing will rock. Morality rules….. managers try to. I am mad too!!!

marnold
May 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I checked his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caveman/22874357107). There is this update from April 27:

Well, it appears sanity has prevailed! Thank the Stars! Look out for the BC album (or whatever it's called)...... soon!!! That's the situation this morning - watch this space!

Spudman
May 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I checked his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caveman/22874357107). There is this update from April 27:

Phew! That's a relief.
I can't find any mention of the Black Country project as it relates to Derek Sherinian. Nothing on his blogs anywhere. He has a mega packed tour schedule this year too. I'm guessing that between that and the Bonham/Zeppelin project that those two guys are the issue. Glenn stated that he and Joe are tight but fails to say anything about the other two.

Jimi75
May 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Glen's vocals sound a lot like Rochie Kotzen's vocals since heplayed in Glen's band. :AOK