PDA

View Full Version : Goofing around with my effects again

Telewanger
December 3rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
I have been moving effects around and running some of them at different voltages. Some of them sound pretty cool. I have also been trying to get a good bell tone "hall sound"!

Here's a sample of a test run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHAJh8Gwxq4

Spudman
December 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Like what are you doing specifically. You don't have any info on the video or here. Are you keeping it a secret?

Telewanger
December 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Like what are you doing specifically. You don't have any info on the video or here. Are you keeping it a secret?

Clean: I am not using chorus. I have an old 22 year old Roland SDE 1000 which has modulation on it. I have the echoplex which creates some tape modulation and an old MXR compressor running into a 1965 Twin, Roland JC (with chorus off), and 1988 Laney Pro Tube Lead amp. Set one amp for lows, one for mids, and one for highs.

Distortion: Fuzz Face running on 5 volts, Jekyll and Hyde pedal running on about 6 volts using the distortion side of the pedal, compressor about half way up. I had never run pedals at different voltages until a few weeks ago, but it saves from buying more. It's sort of like splitting a dual coil pickup, I guess. It gives a different sound, sometimes better, sometimes worse.