PDA

View Full Version : Another NGD! Taylor 810

bigG
December 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Those of you who are rabid signature readers (anyone?) will notice that my Vox AC15 and Taylor 310 are now missing. They were sold to finance a deal that was just too good to pass up:

My new, mint condition 2005 Taylor 810! An absolutely "as new" guit w/o a mark on it, not even on the pickguard! Some of you have seen me mention Guitar Chris, from whom I've purchased all of my Martin and Peavey (and past Ibanez) stuff. Well, Chris took this Taylor on trade from an older gentleman who bought up to a Martin HD-28, and priced it at $1,699, incl immaculately clean OHSC (Geib style, like my Martin M-36!)

He called me yesterday to let me know what he had. I went down to his store, checked it out, A-B'd it w a few Martins (D-18, HD-35 and SWDGT)...and bought it then and there! Like I said, just too good to pass up a deal like this!

So, to my ears, my subjective opinion is that I now own two of the finest acoustic six-strings available, at any price: my Martin M-36 and this Taylor 810. I'm finally thinning out the herd and rounding up heirloom-quality keepers. (And, at this age and stage of my life, that can't happen quickly enough!)

Obviously, the 810 simply "replaces" the 310 I sold, and, although I loved my Vox AC15, it was just not practical for apartment use, so that went too, but for a very good cause. :happy

sunvalleylaw
December 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You're a Martin man!!!!!!! You are not allowed to like a Taylor too! :thwap :french :poke

Just kiddin'! Congrats, I bet it sounds sweet!

bigG
December 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks, Steve!

The 810 has been Taylor's flagship guitar since the beginning. Bob Taylor revoiced it in 2003, changing the bracing and adding a route around the underside outer edge of the top, allowing for more low-end than previous 810s. It is sweeeeet! Best action of any acoustic I've ever played, also.

(I'm over at the Acoustic Friday Thread watching those vids again if you need me *s*)

sunvalleylaw
December 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Down in FLA, you won't have the dryness/lack of humidity problems that make it kinda tough on Taylors up here in the high desert either. Have fun! I have to check out your Dylan stuff on that acoustic thread later too. I am starting another Friday one in a bit too though.

evenkeel
December 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Wahoo!!!! :applause :happy

Very cool. Congrats on a terrific deal. :AOK

hubberjub
December 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I love the 8 series. It is like night and day after playing the 310ce that I own. Taylor's lower end guitars (like mine) have always sounded a little generic to me. I have a friend who actually went into his burning house to save his 810. Mission accomplished.
BpDY9_3xKH4