PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Dusk Tiger

Blaze
December 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
No endorsement between mr.Woods and Gibson here but an effort for a new and futuristic guitar concept from Gibson ..At least , they re tryin..

http://www.gear-vault.com/gibson-dusk-tiger-news/

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp208/elantric/DT1.jpg

Speakin of Tiger , here is the latest pic of the couple , smilin..:D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Tiger%20Woods.jpg

Neal
December 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Thats a terrible looking guitar, and that thing with Tiger is funny as hell

Plank_Spanker
December 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
The Dusk Tiger matches the Peavey Wiggy - art deco nightmares.

oldguy
December 6th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I like the looks of the wood, but the chrome scratchplates would hafta go.
I thought the Dark Fire was much better looking, however.
The pickups remind me of Les Paul's "recording", low-z Paul.
So this model replaces the Dark Fire, which replaced the Robot, right?
I see a lot of potential here, if the technology glitches have been addressed and the build quality is good.
I see a gigging musician's worst nightmare if not.

(quote from sonicstate)

"The Dark Fire introduced three significant innovations:

•1. The Robot 2 tuning system, which increased both the accuracy and speed of auto tuning.
•2. Chameleon Tone Technology which allowed the guitar to achieve all the classic guitar tones, with 7 classic tones immediately available.
•3. The first guitar that came as a complete system to harness the power of a computer recording environment, as well as computerized live settings"
and then...........

"MAKE IT SIMPLE – NEW EASE OF USE

The Dusk Tiger takes this control scheme and makes it even easier and more intuitive to use while adding more tones and tunings.

•An additional bank of tuning presents
•An additional bank of tone presets
The Dusk Tiger will eliminate the break out box. When not using the RIP computer interface, the guitar will simply work without the need to think about two channels, turning on pickups manually, or even charging. All controls on the guitar and pickups will simply be on when the guitar is turned on. The guitar will remember exactly where you were when you turned the guitar off (or it turned off due to inactivity to save your battery life).

The software for how the Master Control Know (MCK) works has been refined making accessing tones and tuning presents much quicker, easier and more intuitive. You will wonder how you got along without access to these many many creative options on stage or in the studio. Guitar players should not need manuals."

Now, I'm a guitar-pedals-amph type of guy, and I don't envision owning one of these. Even with the switchable lo-to-high impedance + piezo pickups, the mono/stereo/hexaphonic output, and all the computer programmability possibilities, I'm just not intrigued or interested enough to lay out close to $3K for one of these.
I'll bet they sell out fast, though, and I'll give Gibson credit for trying something different. Hey, it's not a reverse flying V or a Hendrix Gibby Strat, y'know?

bigG
December 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Phooey! :nope

just strum
December 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Not a thing on there that I like - well, then again, maybe the strings.

Ch0jin
December 6th, 2009, 03:46 PM
If it sounds good, I'd play it. I reckon it screams "I'm here to play the Blues"

I kinda dig the fact that it looks old school, but has all the new school tech bits in it. Kinda like I'd be if I could get the bionics working right.....

This bit made me giggle though..

"The guitar will remember exactly where you were when you turned the guitar off (or it turned off due to inactivity to save your battery life)."

Umm, I have 3 guitars and a bass and they ALL remember exactly how they were when I put them down, and they don't even have batteries!!