PDA

View Full Version : Tree is going up

Spudman
December 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Anybody else got their Christmas tree up yet? We use an artificial on every year and today is my excuse to clean the basement. Only 19 more days.

just strum
December 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
One up, two to go. We have at least three. Two artificial and one real.

With the new dog (now 60+ lbs) we are testing her with tree one before the others go up.

Spudman
December 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Oooo! Big dogs and trees...make sure you have the video recorder handy.

just strum
December 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
...make sure you have the video recorder handy.

Too late, she ate it. She knows how evidence can convict her.

30 lbs ago

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Dogs/011-2.jpg

and now

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Dogs/020.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!!!

M29
December 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM
What a cute pooch Mark!!

We have our tree up Tater, it has been up since Thanksgiving. Something I was curious to ask is we have had this artificial tree for 20 years or so and the box is a mess. It has been taped and tied and wrapped and it is wasted. Maybe I should break down and buy a new tree just for the box. I suppose a refrigerator box would fit the thing but it is getting to where I leave a trail of tree parts across the back yard every time I take it from the shed to the house and back. :socool

Spudman
December 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
It has been taped and tied and wrapped and it is wasted. Maybe I should break down and buy a new tree just for the box.

Naw. Your salvation is only a couple of bucks.

http://www.flinn-garlick-saws.co.uk/acatalog/gorillatapehand.jpg

M29
December 6th, 2009, 02:16 PM
You got it :AOK Nuttin a little gorilla snot can't fix, how could I have missed it.:thwap

Did you find any strange things in the basement while looking for that tree?

just strum
December 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Spud, does your entire house get the Christmas treatment?

My wife goes to the extreme when it comes to Christmas. However, I think she is starting to cut back on the decorations.

We put lights up outside - just on the front fence and porch railings (no getting up on a ladder and roof for me).

The inside of the house has the three trees (four if you count the 3 footer my daughter puts in her room). Tables have Christmas "stuff" on them. Table cloths and covers are Christmas theme as are towels and wash clothes in the bathrooms. She has those damn mechanical Santa Claus, deer, and snowmen that have motion sensors that play music every time you walk by (I usually turn them off since the dogs go nuts).

Ah yes, it's Christmas.

SuperSwede
December 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
It went up today! Now we just have to wait for santa to show up :)

Spudman
December 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I'm going green this year and not doing lights. Besides, the squirrels eat them. Usually the Mrs. will have every available spot in the house looking holiday-like.

M29 - I did find some cool stuff in the basement. A Cycle World magazine from 1982 (the year of my XJ1100), some kitchen towels, mouse poop, and a NORBA sticker...so far.

oldguy
December 6th, 2009, 02:53 PM
She has those damn mechanical Santa Claus, deer, and snowmen that have motion sensors that play music every time you walk by (I usually turn them off since the dogs go nuts).

Ah yes, it's Christmas.
:rollover

We have one 7' artificial tree. It's up and decorated. And there's the little nativity scene, and some smaller decorations sitting here and there. There will be a few lights go up outside, but nothing too drastic...........and none of the inflatable yard ornaments/santas/snow globes w/ the styrofoam "snow" blowing around inside. The daughter thinks they're beyond tacky.

sunvalleylaw
December 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM
We just went and got one up in the woods. It is on top of the little Subaru Imprezza now. Almost bigger than the car!

Will start putting it up in a few.

deeaa
December 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I suppose I'll bring one in from the cottage this week, gotta visit there anyway as we're bringing in some new landfill to even up the yard from a larger area.

We've never had am artificial one, not even sure if I ever saw one...one thing we have plenty of over here is spruce so they never caught popularity too well.
I posted this vid from a year back sometime...if you watch it some you'll see it's almost nothing but spruce here ;-)

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/lapland_30min.wmv

I remember one year we put some tinsel on a lemon tree we had in the livingroom for xmas tree, so we're no purists by any standards.

Tone2TheBone
December 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Got ours up this evening. Put the outside lights up in the freezing cold this afternoon. Boy am I thirsty.:beer:

Kazz
December 7th, 2009, 05:35 AM
we put ours up last night and the girls decorated it....and did a very nice job this year.