PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 1980's The Paul

sumitomo
December 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone ever play one and what do you think?Sumi:D

ZMAN
December 7th, 2009, 09:12 PM
There are several editions of the guitar. One was a walnut body with two exposed coil pickups. There also was a mahogany body. They get fairly good reviews and are usually reasonably priced.
I have never played one but if I had an oportunity to try one I would be very interested in picking it up. They are pretty collectable.

hubberjub
December 7th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I've always loved the looks of those. I like very simplistic guitars. I've heard some people say that they can be less than stellar instruments but that is very subjective. I've seen them sell in the $450 -600 range and that seems about right.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I played one lonnnng time ago. I can't remember the details though.

otaypanky
December 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I had one for several years a while back. A lovely all walnut flat bodied guitar, rosewood board, and had what I think may be called Dirty Fingers pickups. Nothing to complain about, it was a nice guitar. 'Came across it by accident while exploring a music shop I was passing by that I had never been in. It was too nice and reasonably priced not to grab it. I found a new home for it where it would get more play time

ZMAN
December 8th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I suppose that is where the idea for the Faded series LPs and SGs came from.

sumitomo
December 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks for all the input guys,there are so many guitars and amphs comming up for sale due to these hard times,but the good thing is that these guitars are finally going to get played and not sit in closets.Sumi:D

Brian Krashpad
December 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I've always loved the looks of those. I like very simplistic guitars. I've heard some people say that they can be less than stellar instruments but that is very subjective. I've seen them sell in the $450 -600 range and that seems about right.

Yep, seem like a somewhat cheaper alternative to an LP Studio, at least the mahogany ones. Wonder how much tonal diff the walnut provides?