PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally registered...

Rabies
September 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I've been lurkin' around here for a couple of days, after stumbling upon a link on patchtronix.com. Just figured I would announce my existence on the boards.

I really dig this site so far. Seems like a great place for a guitar dork like myself. :D I look forward to chatting with you folks!!

SuperSwede
September 10th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Welcome... dont spread that Rabies though ;)

tiefnig
September 10th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Welcome. It's a pretty good forum I think.

Robert
September 10th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Welcome, glad to have you here!

Tim
September 10th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Welcome ... but please stay your distance. We have enough problems with GAS. With a name like Rabies you will fit in just fine with the rest if us.

warren0728
September 10th, 2006, 08:57 AM
welcome rabies from a fellow dork...i think you will like it here...

ww

Justaguyin_nc
September 10th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Welcome rabies.. Come join the fun and be ready to get the G.A.S. bug.. very good forums here to learn from others..

Mark
September 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Welcome Rabies, I ve already had my rabies shots so Im cool. Now there are no GAS innoculations so hang around here and you get it. In general a case of GAS hurts no one but maybe the ole wallet. Welcome aboard.

Rabies
September 10th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Trust me...rabies is the least of my afflictions. Number one on the list...you guessed it. GAS!! I'm about two weeks away from making a purchase of the following: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head, a cabinet from Lopoline from eBay (not sure which cab I'm gonna get...available funds will ultimately make that decision for me), and speaker or speakers to go in whichever cab I get. PLUS an assortment of different preamp and power tubes for the Valve Jr. And after that, I plan on either getting a '51 or some type of inexpensive strat. The SX's are lookin like a pretty good frontrunner so far. I'll fill you all in on what gear and such I have shortly.

Spudman
September 10th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Grrrrreat! Now not only do we have to deal with GAS, but rabies as well. I ain't a goin' down like Ol' Yeller, nosiree.

Welcome aboard there pilgrim. Cool name to use though.:)

Good luck with the gear purchases. Sounds like you are making some good budget minded choices. Guitar playing doesn't have to be expensive...we just tend to make it that way.

Rabies
September 10th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Oh, I almost forgot to mention...I am another Tele freak. Well Fender freak, but Tele in general. I love a telecaster. This place seems to be chock full of em!!

I'll give a little low down on gear and background and all that stuff pretty soon. But I'm a poor workin man with a family...so don't get your hopes up. :D

Iago
September 10th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Welcome Rabies! Im a tele freak myself too.. U`ll see that many of the guys here have teles too, so you will probably feel at home here hehehe

Leonidas
September 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Welcome Rabies! (that just doesn't sound right....)

Lots to learn here between everyone. Yeah Tele's definitely have some favoritism here, I think. I love my squier tele custom...

kerc
September 11th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Welcome, Rabies!

Another Tele freak, eh? :D Good to have more on board!

duhvoodooman
September 13th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Hello & welcome, Rabies. If you were over at Patchtronix, that would seem to indicate you're a VOX Valvetronix amp owner? Which model & how do you like it? Give us the complete rundown on your equipment! Inquiring minds want to know! :eek: :D

Rabies
September 13th, 2006, 01:37 PM
AD30VT. As a matter of fact, I'm the guy that recently emailed you about the grill mod, DVM. Small world, eh? After getting my Valve Junior I'm gonna take the plunge and get the stuff I need to do it myself...and make the time somehow.

I've gots to get me one of dem grills. :cool: Too pretty.

Rabies
September 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM
And now I've made a gear list as you can see. I know, I know...Lot of Dano effects. I just love what I get from them for so cheap...plus I'm poor!!:D

Tone2TheBone
September 13th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Welcome Rabies...........:)

duhvoodooman
September 13th, 2006, 02:56 PM
And now I've made a gear list as you can see. I know, I know...Lot of Dano effects. I just love what I get from them for so cheap...
Yeah, the price is sure right on those Danelectro pedals. I get my pedals cheaper, too, by buying used ones off eBay.

...plus I'm poor!!:D
...and with the GAS that gets passed around here, that's not likely to get any better! ;) :D

Uh-oh! Gotta add a "beer" category to my signature, I see!! :eek:

Rabies
September 13th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Yep, eBay. That's where all my Dano stuff comes from too. As a matter of fact, everything on my gear list came from ebay except my yamaha and the rogue bass. I think I got all the Dano pedals brand spankin for less than 100 bucks shipped...and the BBE brand spankin for 80 shipped...the vox, 180 shipped...BRAND SPANKIN.

Gotta love that eBay...and a little luck!!

Katastrophe
September 13th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Little late, but welcome!:D

Tone2TheBone
September 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I too have put a beer equipment list on my sig. *burp* excuse me

warren0728
September 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
i don't have any more room on my sig....just a couple characters short of 500!!

ww :D :DR

Tone2TheBone
September 14th, 2006, 03:23 PM
i don't have any more room on my sig....just a couple characters short of 500!!

ww :D :DR

I had to creatively alter the descriptions on mine to make room for the brewskis.

SuperSwede
September 15th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Beer??? You drink Beer? YUCK!

Spudman
September 15th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I too have put a beer equipment list on my sig. *burp* excuse me

Tone
You made one mistake. Coors light is NOT a beer.

Robert
September 25th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Coors Light is not beer agreed. For more info on quality beer, see the beer thread.

Tone2TheBone
September 25th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Its BBQ beer. Cheap and works and is much better than Bud. bleck barf ow my head hurts. I KNOW frikken beer thats why I added non American ones ahead of the BBQ one sheese!

Robert
September 25th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Oh, Coors Light is still miles better than Bud! Canadian beer rocks! haha

tremoloman
September 25th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome Rabies! Just promise not to bite me...

tot_Ou_tard
September 26th, 2006, 02:53 PM
At least your handle isn't painful rectal itch. Any reason why you chose this moniker?

Actually Rabies is not a bad name for a band.

Welcome!

Beer presently in hand (& not yet in keyboard): Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier.

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Beer presently in hand (& not yet in keyboard): Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier.

Ach so? Es ist ein gutes bier?

tot_Ou_tard
September 27th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Ach so? Es ist ein gutes bier?
Jah, sehr gut! Das Smeckt.