PDA

View Full Version : Gibson studio, passing on!

yeti66
December 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hello and Happy Holidays, I'm hoping to pass on some incredible luck that found its way to me to some others out there, hopefully it finds whoever you are!

after years of dreaming and saving I'd finally saved up enough to step up to a gibson les paul (studio) I've been playing a ep for the last 9 or 10 years and its nice but its no gibson, and with the silverburst edition added to the studio family (and the fact that I luv black and silver) Well that took it over the top for me, I had to get it.

I orderd and received my silverburst a little over a month ago and was happy to have only paid $1104 through MF brand new! some sort of promotion they were running which was really cool because I was ready and expecting to spend the $1299 they were asking, but getting $194 off who's going to complain? well it showed up and after opening the box I was in love! she looked, played, and sounded beautiful.

I played her for a while and when I went to wipe her down I saw what appeared to me to be a minor sanding inperfection on the front near the bridge, it looks like a scratch almost the size of a human hair, about a inch and a half long under the finish and it's very hard to see, but it's there.

I called MF and asked what the procedures were to exchange it and found out that I would be without my new love for at least a week or more (DRAG):thwap so I thought about it for a while and after remembering that nothings perfect in life, I decided that I could live with the almost unnoticeble defect, being that I had already fallen in luv and saved $194 on the purchace price.

So already knowing that I'm going to keep her I thought just for grins and giggles I would call MF and ask if they were willing to offer a appearance allowance of some sort (I was hoping for maybe a small in-store credit of $25-$50) so I called with my fingers crossed.

Well after talking to a rep and emailing a couple pictures of the defect to there customer service department, they not only offered me $25 in store credit just for my trouble, but also asked what it would take for me to keep the guitar?

Here's the good part, in a sarcastic but joking manner I said give me $250 back on the original purchace price (thinking to myself NO-WAY will they do this):nope well after putting me on hold for about ten minuts, the rep comes back on and agreed to it! I could'nt believe my ears and I jumped on it!! :happy

when it was all said and done I paid $854 for my beautiful new silverburst!!! and still have my original gibson warranty, and a $25 store credit. I feel like I won the lottery, could'nt be happier. Hope it passes on!!

Retro Hound
December 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Just shows ya, it never hurts to ask. Good for you.

ZMAN
December 8th, 2009, 02:46 PM
After you get the first scratch on your sliverburst that 250 will feel like 1000 bucks. IF you play a guitar no matter how well you treat it, there will be scratches and blemishes that occur. To get 250 back for blemish is a huge bonus. Glad you did well and welcome to the Fret. You will find a lot of nice people here and very good advice.

bigG
December 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Great story, man! Bravo! :applause

And welcome aboard! :beer:

Spudman
December 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM
That's pretty cool....I'm going to have to try that one. :rolleyes: Just kidding. Still, it's pretty cool that you got a good deal on it.

Kodiak3D
December 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Wow, put a feather in MF's hat for that one. Very nice of them.

Tig
December 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Wow, talk about a great story for your first Fret post! Welcome, BTW.
While I don't expect a customer service dept. to go unrealistically out of their way in every circumstance, it is nice to see that MF customer service did you right. Word of mouth on the interwebz can make a huge difference!

So, let's see that silverburst beauty...

oldguy
December 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Nice to hear something positive about MF. Welcome to TheFret, yeti.
And congrats on your new guitar, nice deal!.