PDA

View Full Version : Concert tales and tails.

Myles
November 17th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I saw Nine Inch Nails at Rexall last night. It was pretty amazing although a delay because the barrier between the floor and the stage got breached kinda killed the mood for the ending.

Queens of the Stone Age did a great job of warming things up as well.

What concerts have you guys seen lately?

Tone2TheBone
November 18th, 2005, 11:10 AM
That sounds like a cool concert. Last concert my daughter and I saw was Green Day. Cool to see someone playing Les Paul Jr.s on stage. Sounded good. Next concert date is Trans Siberian Orchestra in December. That should be pretty cool.

Nelskie
November 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I went to see Audioslave last Sat. at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul, MN. Totally UNBELIEVABLE show! Opening bands were 30 Seconds to Mars & Seether - both were quality hard rock acts. The "Roy" is a small-ish venue with OK acoustics, but that didn't matter because Audioslave was totally "on"!! Wouldn't have mattered if they'd have played in a parking ramp. The solo acoustic set with Chris Cornell doing old Soundgarden songs was also a treat. And Tom Morello is a monster on the guitar. If you're not currently listening to this band - - you should be! ;)

Robert
November 18th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Cool, I have heard about Tom Morello, but actually never heard him play. I'll check out that band.

warren0728
November 19th, 2005, 09:33 AM
took my 9 year old son to see buddy guy last night at house of blues orlando. what a showman. there was an 11-12 year kid standing in the front row below the stage and buddy had him come on stage and play his (buddy's guitar!)

after the show buddy stayed around and signed autographs for everyone that wanted one. He signed anything and everything. My son wanted his shirt signed and buddy was having a hard time reaching him so buddy had my son sit on the table so he could sign it!

my son was in heaven!!

ww