PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like magic tricks?

Robert
December 9th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I have always been fascinated with magic tricks and magicians. Have you ever learned to do anything cool with magic tricks?

I remember how I as a kid did shows for my parents, where I had matches in my robe, which would light up as I pulled them out, since the matches where sandwiched between two striking surfaces, and similar silly things.

I am right now watching a show on CBC; it's a behind-the-scenes adventure into the world of internationally-renowned illusionist Greg Frewin - The International Grand Champion of Magic. The show tells his story, how he now is performing at a 600-seat theatre in Niagara Falls, the city he relocated to with his family from Las Vegas in 2005. This guy is GOOD - I tell ya!

I watched a good show in Vegas too, and some of these tricks these guys do just blows my mind.

Here is a trick where you can actually see how he does it, since with video, we can rewind and rewind - no such option when you are in the audience. I would never have seen it if I hadn't been able to rewind the youtube video a few times.

Does anyone have any insight into how some of these classic tricks are done? Ropes, card tricks, escape tricks, sawing people in half, etc?

7Z_6DD0TfM4