PDA

View Full Version : I am a finalist in the Google Autumn Photo Challenge!

Robert
December 10th, 2009, 10:49 PM
How cool! I stumbled onto a Picasa Autumn Photo Challenge (http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=379b3b73614d8013&hl=en) recently, and decided to upload the only nice autumn photo I had. I saw there were some amazing photos already entered, so I definitely didn't expect anything to come out of this. There were about 1170 photos submitted.

Then tonight, to my utter astonishment, the Picasa Group sends me a message saying my photo made it to the top 12 finalists! :what :dude :AOK :happy

On the 14th of December, the finalist photos will be made public, and people can vote ("like"). That's where I'm kinda hoping that you guys might want to help me out by clicking the "like" button.

As the Picasa Group says - "Once all the photos are in the album, we'll ask the
public to vote for their favorite picture by using the "Like" feature. The
photo with the most "Like" votes on December 21st at 4p.m. PST will be
crowned the winner of the Autumn Photo Challenge."

So, once the finalists album is public, please log on and "like" my photo!

I'll post the link for this on the 14th.

Spudman
December 11th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Which photo? Can we see it?

Robert
December 11th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Yep, the photo I took is here -

http://picasaweb.google.com/DolphinstreetGuitar/AutumnCamrose2009#5410354131675878850

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_kmpRYJWvkw0/SxVwat-blcI/AAAAAAAABCE/SZocHc4NxUk/s912/PB222403.JPG

It is the Camrose Golf Course in November.

Spudman
December 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
You were in Blair Witch Project? Too cool.:dude

Robert
December 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
You were in Blair Witch Project? Too cool.:dude

Yeah, I held the camera for that movie and then I disappeared. Reappeared in Canada in freezing winter... ;)

bigG
December 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
That's great, Robert! :applause

Cool pic!

You have more going on than any 10 people I know, and you're great at all of it! Now you just throw out a "toss-off" and get top recognition for that! Amazing, simply amazing! :AOK

Robert
December 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM
That's great, Robert! :applause

Cool pic!

You have more going on than any 10 people I know, and you're great at all of it! Now you just throw out a "toss-off" and get top recognition for that! Amazing, simply amazing! :AOK

I just call it

Pure Luck!

sumitomo
December 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
No offence,but to me it's just a pic with trees with no leaves,I've seen alot of others on here that really grab my attention.Oh well I'm no art guy.Sumi:D oh by the way congrats Robert.

Robert
December 11th, 2009, 03:05 PM
No offence,but to me it's just a pic with trees with no leaves,I've seen alot of others on here that really grab my attention.Oh well I'm no art guy.Sumi:D oh by the way congrats Robert.

I know Sumi, you want the Oreo style photos, huh! More interesting than dead trees! :crazyguy

sumitomo
December 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Well that is something you don't see everyday now.Could be I just don't like the cold anymore.Sumi:D