PDA

View Full Version : New advertisement for helping the Fret

Robert
December 11th, 2009, 08:27 AM
We have added new ads for Music123 and Musicians' Friend, and if you click on on these ads and buy, you are actively supporting the Fret. Let me know if you would prefer ads from Guitar Center instead of Music123.

The reason behind the move away from Zzounds was that their system for advertisements was very arcane.

Spudman
December 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I noticed that you added them.Too bad it was after I spent a grand with MF.

Retro Hound
December 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Robert, have you thought about becoming an Amazon or eBay affiliate? I've never made anything off my eBay ads, but the Amazon ads have brought in a little bit. If someone clicks the Amazon ad, then if they buy ANYTHING in the next 30 days or so (without clicking on someone else's ad) then I get a kickback. You could have ads for beginners books, I just got a book on guitar pickups that's really informative, stuff like that. I bet you you have people here who regularly buy from eBay and that might pay off better for thefret.net than for my site.

Robert
December 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I have no experience with Amazon or eBay affiliate programs. I can look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Commodore 64
December 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Used one of your clickthroughs to drop a couple hundred dollars at MF for xmas gifts.

Robert
December 17th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks Commodore 64 - did you click on one of the banners here and purchased? Appreciated! We need more Fretters to do the same... or buy T-shirts... or contribute some $$. Or a combination of all of that.

Commodore 64
December 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I use the banners here to go to MF and M123.