PDA

View Full Version : ZVex Box of Rock video demo.....

Riley
September 11th, 2006, 08:21 AM
This pedal is new from the ZVex lineup. Man this pedal sounds awesome if you like that old Marshall on 10 sound. I want one!!!!! :DR

http://media.zvex.com/boxofrock.mov

-Peace
-nate

Spudman
September 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM
That is a great video demo. I wish all manufactures did that with their product. But then again if they did we might not buy them because we'd know they suck before we spend our dough.

This pedal however doesn't suck. I would like to hear that pedal through other amps though. That would be a real test.

How much are they? I'm just curious really. I don't need another pedal.;)

Riley
September 12th, 2006, 06:33 AM
That is a great video demo. I wish all manufactures did that with their product. But then again if they did we might not buy them because we'd know they suck before we spend our dough.

This pedal however doesn't suck. I would like to hear that pedal through other amps though. That would be a real test.

How much are they? I'm just curious really. I don't need another pedal.;)

Well right now only the handpainted versions are available at $300. But next month a non handpainted $199 version will come out.

Here's a quote and clip from the maker of the pedal Zack Vex:

Erik Sexe recorded a lighthearted audio demo for me over the weekend.

http://media.zvex.com/sounds/box_of_rock_demo.mp3

Erik's notes on the audio demo:

Every guitar you hear went through the Box Of Rock. All the rhythm tracks are vintage 1971? Marshall Super Lead (modded by Andy Wolf) through an old greenback Marshall 4X12, the various amounts of gain, from light clipping to crunch are settings, came from the pedal.

The first solo was a Lectrolab R200B, it's a little class "A" Champ kind of thing, with a 6 inch Jensen. Volume and tone were cranked. The second solo was a "transitional" Silver Faced Fender Pro Reverb at about 3 1/2, bright switch on, treble? at 7, bass on 3. The last solo was a Brown Fender Princeton. The amp was set at about 4 1/2, with the tone on about 5 1/2.

Everything was a 57 up close. I used a multiband compressor to remove some "woof" from the 4X12 during mixdown, a touch of compression over the final mix, and that was it. The whole thing was a Don Grosh Strat with Lindy Fralin pickups, strung up with GHS 12's.