PDA

View Full Version : Chrome for Mac

Radioboy950
December 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Been trying out the newly-released Google Chrome for Mac, and I like it very much. It feels light & minimal, loads pages quickly and displays your history in thumbnail view, like the new Safari. Give it a whirl.

markb
December 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
It looks good but I can't see any advantage over Safari or Firefox. I'm not sure I like the bookmark system either. The performance is impressive though, well worth a try.

Ch0jin
December 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Had in PC since beta and I Lurve it!

I have a nice brushed aluminium skin too, looks totally pimp :)

Vs FF (which i used pretty much exclusively before chrome turned up) I think page load performance is slightly better, but honestly it's just the look and feel I prefer over FF.

I would like a dedicated bookmark button though. Not one to add them (we have that), but one to open a list of them. Having to navigate to the bookmark manager is lame. I am begrudgingly using the bookmark bar at the moment, even though it is fairly space efficient, I still hate that I lose that much space.

I don't know what the button is for mac, but find out what the "fullscreen" shortcut is for sure. F11 + thefret.net = some nice browsing....

Robert
December 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Google Chrome is swell - I love it well!

Spudman
December 14th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'm liking Chrome too on my PC. It is light and that was my issue with IE. It was too much of a hog. There are just a few things I wish Chrome did but not enough that I'm going to complain about it.

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I haven't looked at it yet. I already use Safari and Firefox, and I guess I won't complicate things by adding another unless I see a reason to. Guess I better look to find out though.