PDA

View Full Version : Just a little recording

Algonquin
December 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Just a little idea that I had in my head a couple of weeks ago. I was noodling and came up with an easy melody that I was trying out a few diffferent chord shapes to make a bit more interesting. I had to work some horrendous hours (22 +) for a Client this past weekend that had me drained emotionally and physically... and when I had a chance after all was said and done, I pulled out the guitar to offer up a bit of tranquility. Nothing earth shattering, but I think I have the basics of a tune waiting to be developed.

I used my Larivee LV03re into a toneport Ux1, along with a relic Roland DR-110 for rhythm, and a vintage Moog Prodigy for a base line.

http://www.box.net/shared/x5pjcysrce

Recorded with Audacity and needs works, but I'm happy with the vibe so far.

Any and all feedback appreciated,
David

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Nice David! Let's hear more! Sounds like a good intro to something you may have coming. Cool! I love our member clips.

helliott
December 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I agree, lots of quality tone and a nice chord hook. Now needs some verse and melody, and a middle eight someplace. Great start to ta tune though. Nice sounds.

Algonquin
December 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks Steve!
Always appreciate the feedback! I wish I was able to offer more time on this quick recording... but I'm extremely drained after working an additional load though the weekend.... thanks for the feedback!

SuperSwede
December 15th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Love that clip David.. that guitar sounds great :)

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 06:20 AM
That sounded great, David, I hope you get time to add to it. It has a great big sound and some really nice chords! :AOK

baldgit
December 15th, 2009, 06:34 AM
nice intro.....more more:drool

Robert
December 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Nice David, gives us more! :AOK

aeolian
December 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Very nice vibe going there, I like it. I hope you have time to develop it further.

M29
December 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Very nice indeed David very nice indeed!! I hope you get time over the holidays to put more of it together, I am anxious to hear where it goes. :AOK

M

Algonquin
December 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone... I really appreciate all the feedback and replies you've given me, it's very motivating!

I would have liked to recorded more, but unfortunately it would have been just a repeat of what's already there... and the fact it loops back to the beginning takes care of that.

Anything I try and create usually evolves slowly over a period of time, and I'm sure this will eventually morph into something I'm happy with as I play with it over time.

I'm not one who hears the finished product in my head at the start, I usually just noddle with chords and such till something sounds nice - then I try to elaborate on it. I've got idea's from two years ago that I continually revisit and try to evolve and improve... not the most efficient method, but it's what works for me.

Thanks again all,
David

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Sounds like a good approach to me. More will come I am sure. Since when is writing music about being efficient anyway? :AOK