PDA

View Full Version : Brian Setzer concert cut short due to illness

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Was at the annual Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas show tonight and the band played for about half an hour and then suddenly stopped and Brian walked literally off the stage to the floor. An announcer came out and said the band was going to take a 10 minute break. Lights came out and we waited around for about 40 minutes. The announcer then came out and said Brian was taken to the hospital due to unknown conditions. I stopped at the local gas station and rumor was that Brian had a heart attack and was taken to UNMH Heart Hospital here in town. Don't know how reliable that intel was but I sure hope whatever happened he will be ok. :nope

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yikes! I hope he is ok. I hope the heart attack part is a rumor and that it is not too serious.

Robert
December 14th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Blimey! Say it ain't so!

I sure hope it's nothing serious.

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Wow........ sure hope he's allright, he's one of my favorites.

Brian Krashpad
December 15th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Yikes. Health mojo from one Brian to another.

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
News report here, but no real new info:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1312316.shtml?cat=516

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I just called Dodge Theater in Phoenix where the band is set to play tonight and they told me that the show was still on. Very weird and I'm very disapointed.

http://www.facebook.com/briansetzerofficial

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Well apparently he's fully recovered and tonight's show in Phoenix is on. Glad he's better but very bummed about last night's gig here that didn't finish. :mybad

duhvoodooman
December 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Bummer! Did they refund your ticket cost, at least?

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah they said everyone will get refunds. We just have to show up at the ticket office within the next 2 weeks. I'll go tonight. :(

just strum
December 15th, 2009, 06:58 PM
One concert lost, but he lives to play again.

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM
One concert lost, but he lives to play again.

Good way to look at it.

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
You guys suck I wanted to see him yesterday dang it! LMAO ;)

just strum
December 15th, 2009, 09:55 PM

I was expecting that comeback an hour ago. Hey, it's easy for me to say, I wasn't there.

I guess it sucks to be you!:poke :what

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 09:57 PM

You should've bought tickets for today........tonight..........:rollover :rollover :rollover

just strum
December 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM
You should've bought tickets for today........tonight..........:rollover :rollover :rollover

Now that's funny. Well maybe not if you happen to be Tone.

Well Tone can look back on this and say "I was at the concert where Brian walked off the stage and the rest of the concert was canceled". I guess that's not as good as being able to say "I was at the concert the night after Brian had walked off the stage after performing for a half hour"

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2009, 10:24 PM
You guys are a crack up thanks I needed a laugh. I was pretty bummed all day today. That's never happened to me I guess that's why I took it so hard. Hopefully he won't be hungover I mean sick tonight either in Phoenix!

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM
You guys are a crack up thanks I needed a laugh. I was pretty bummed all day today. That's never happened to me I guess that's why I took it so hard. Hopefully he won't be hungover I mean sick tonight either in Phoenix!

Yeah, hopefully he won't. Vertigo....vertigo....vertigo....what a weird word.
I like it....... kind of like I like "moist".........:happy :happy :happy

Algonquin
December 15th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Well Tone, I've been plagued by dehydration and vertigo on more than one occasion for reasons that I won't get into here :nope , but I will way say most times have been a result of my own doing. With that I'll say a rescheduled show for the good folks of Albercrazy would be a good show of faith.

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well Tone, I've been plagued by dehydration and vertigo on more than one occasion for reasons that I won't get into here :nope , but I will way say most times have been a result of my own doing. With that I'll say a rescheduled show for the good folks of Albercrazy would be a good show of faith.

....and an apology would be nice. :cool:

oldguy
December 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
And an autographed collection of all CD's ever done.........well, at least a "favorite five", or something.

Bluenote
December 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen this already but if you haven't then it's worth checking out!dBuMsHB9FRc&feature=player_embedded