PDA

View Full Version : Drag out some old stuff

aeolian
December 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I was listening to Algonquin's nice progression which made me think of a thing I did about 5 years ago. I was attempting to write a downtempo piece with a stripped down feel to it. It ended up not even having a bridge at all. Like most things I record it is not a thing of perfection (not even close). I think I did the whole thing over 2 evenings; which is what it sounded like.

midnight (http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/midnight.mp3)

Algonquin
December 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Very cool Aeolian. I'm not a huge fan of recording either, mostly because I lack the patience and skill to put out a full piece of music.

What are you using to record with here?... and where's your more recent stuff! :AOK

Cheers,
David

Spudman
December 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Nice chord changes. Good feel too. Fun to listen to...but I couldn't jitterbug to it so it gets 4 stars.:D

M29
December 15th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I like that aeolian! Very nicely done, nice feel.

M

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I remember that!
I love that clip. I remember when you posted it. It had (to me) an...almost..."haunting" vibe going on. Thanks for putting it back up, aeolian.
(I liked the "midnight" tag, also.) :applause

aeolian
December 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
What are you using to record with here?

I use a digital 8-track for laying down tracks. Then I use ntrack on the PC to mix down. For drums I use a software drum program on the PC, bring it down to the 8-track and that would be my 'click track.'

For this tune there's drums, a track of the arpeggiated progression, 2 tracks of strummed chords (very low), one track of the lead melody, and 1 track of bass.

And thank you for everyone's kind words.

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I remember this one too! I love hearing everyone's clips. This one sounds like looking out over the Willamette river looking west as the sun goes down. Nice!