PDA

View Full Version : Rabid Rodent - I've got the best LP tone in the world!

Robert
December 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Made you look!

Well, I think it's a great LP tone. It's DVM's Rabid Rodent, my GEM from www.mackamps.com and my Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow. Super low volume on this 4 watt amp, but when the Rabid Rodent enters the show, all jaws fall down... ;) I think this sounds seriously good. Imagine if I added some delay.

2mcEvmA7C3I

Geoffrey Charles
December 15th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Very nice!

duhvoodooman
December 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
SWEETNESS!! Amazing tones coming out of that little amp, courtesy of the Rodent! Thanks for recording & posting, RR! :AOK :applause

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Not too shabby for a middle-aged veiny guy with a ten inch speaker...............:pancake

:D :D :D :D

(sounds great, Robert!):AOK

Robert
December 15th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Exactly, imagine if it was a 4 x 12 cab played by a teenager with hair left and hidden veins... ;)

But seriously, a bigger cabinet and speaker would make quite a difference in the "bigness" of the tone.

oldguy
December 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I won't pretend to be a recording dude (that'd be Spud), but I've been experimenting with my Valve Jr. head, and my Jet City 20w head, and through a 4x12 cab (Epi SoCal w/ Lady Luck speakers) a little amph can sound huge and awesome. The problem I have every single time is getting that sound recorded so it sounds the same as it does in my house.
I'd bet a 4x12 and a touch of delay would make that rig sound huge, Robert. It's already big, even through computer speakers. It probably sounds a lot better in your room than we can imagine............

M29
December 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Oh man I wonder how that would sound on my amp, I really like that! Nice job Robert!!

Radioboy950
December 15th, 2009, 10:23 PM
That sounds really really nice.
But I was a bit confused when it said "Rodent Feces".
I thought, "what an F'd up name for a pedal."
It was the Google popup ad on the bottom of the window.

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Oh man I wonder how that would sound on my amp, I really like that! Nice job Robert!!

It'll sound great! It is so adaptable, you are bound to find something you like. Long live the Rodent!

P.S. Thanks for putting up your great playing to show what this thing does Robert! You were rocking! :applause

SuperSwede
December 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Rats! Sweet tones coming out of that pedal!

DVM should add a Rabies switch as well! :D

Robert
December 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys! It's a such a great pedal, I can't believe how good this sucker is. Amazing.

Yeah, a Rabies switch must come in the next version, huh DVM? :poke

piebaldpython
December 17th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Nice playing Robert. Damn, that GEM sure sounds sweet. I'm getting the Combo for X-mas. Can't wait.

BTW, the Rabid Rodent sounds really good. Gonna get me one of those too. Nice noodlin' around there. Of course, with as COLD as it is in Alberta, what else can you do? :what

duhvoodooman
December 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
People are obviously listening to this demo, 'cuz I'm starting to get Rabid Rodent inquiries!

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Huh, more inquiries than when I put up my little demos? I wonder why that is? :thwap :help :bootyshake :what :socool :cry: :rollover

Seriously nice demo Robert. Inspires me to take it out of overdrive mode with the strat, and fire it up to rock with the Hagstrom! I need to learn me some of those riffs!

Robert
December 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hah, well blame it on the cold weather in Alberta! All I could do was to cuddle up with my guitars and this gerbil and noodle around to keep warm! Glad you like the video. I was stunned at how good the tone is, when I listened back at the video. I mean, it's played at really low volume, but you wouldn't think so if you didn't hear the acoustic sound from my strings now and then on the video (since I was sitting close to the microphone).

Hope you sell lots of the Mouth Foaming Hamster, DVM!

Lev
December 18th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Excellent tone, I love the amount of control you have with that pedal, great work DVM & Robert!

piebaldpython
December 18th, 2009, 09:16 AM
All I could do was to cuddle up with my guitars and this gerbil and noodle around to keep warm! !

:what :what :what
Careful there Mr. Veins, CAREFUL. :thwap You have to watch that "gerbil" comment. Oh boy...oh boy...oh boy. People who lived around Philly way back in the early 80's when Jerry Penacoli (now on ET Tonite) was a hot-shot NBC news anchor may all too well remember the allegations about Jerry, a gerbil and a hospital ER.

Tig
December 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Huh, more inquiries than when I put up my little demos?

Hey, I could knock the inquiries down if I demoed the pedal with my playing, if ya need some time off! :D

Great demo by Robert. I absolutely love my Mouse 2 pedal.

Too bad I somehow zapped my EVJ head this week when modding R1 and C4. Powers on, but no signal out. I've T/S'ed it, but can't find the problem. The EL84 tube glows, but I don't think the 12AX7 gets all the juice it needs since it barely glows. I'll keep digging. I already restored R1 to original spec's.

Blaze
December 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I ve used the ''Ruetz mod'' pushin my amph to make the Lapsteel (part) scream here on this song i ve recorded with my son ...
This is the music track, no lead singing..

The R. Rodent is definitely versatile & a great pedal..

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7281274

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/rabid%20004.jpg