PDA

View Full Version : Just a little something...

phoenix_p0
December 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hi all,

Just a little something I've started putting together. It's nothing special, just a few chords with a "bass" line and (poor) lead over the top.

It's an Epi Les Paul straight to the PC for rhythm, mild distortion added (Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive) for the bass line and finally some spacey echo (Danelectro PB&J Delay, excellent pedal!) for the lead.

I guess I'm asking for some input on some ideas on how this might progress?
I'm at a bit of a dead end with it...

Instrumental Piece 1 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/nankwgggdin/Instrumental 1.mp3)

Please excuse the terrible recording quality - like I said, jack straight into the sound card!

Thanks,

David

Algonquin
December 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I guess I'm asking for some input on some ideas on how this might progress?
That's the real trick isn't it.

I like the chord patterns and how you slide into them, and the second guitar with delay add a nice airey effect which opens it up.

I'm not sure if you have access to any drum loops, or a rythm machine, or even an inexpensive keyboard with drum patterns, but it may help you along.

Keep playing it until you have that 'eureka' moment, then you'll be kicking yourself for not coming up with the progession sooner.

Stick with it, and it will come!

deeaa
December 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Well I'm hearing a harder part, like straight driven A....C....D or something to that effect to follow. Or...anything...

hubberjub
December 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I couldn't actually make it to your tune. As soon as I clicked on your link I got a ton of popups. Did anyone else have this experience?

M29
December 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I got the same thing but ended up clicking the (download) button and it worked.

Nice job phoenix_p0!! A nice feel, ya got something there keep workin it:AOK

oldguy
December 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I liked it.:AOK
I could imagine the echo parts looping around into themselves and resolving back at the beginning, making a longer tune of the basic idea. I'm sure as you experiment you'll find something you like. All in all, very nice, a bit short.:applause

phoenix_p0
December 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the input guys - yeah I'll keep going with this one.

I might try the A, C, D progression in there and see what I get.