PDA

View Full Version : My SX DG 50CE acoustic just arrived

Robert
September 11th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Wow, it is awesome. I haven't plugged it in yet, but the first 5 minutes of playing it acoustically tells me this guitar is one fine instrument! The quality seems much better than the SX strat I got.

The sounds is clear and big. Can't believe it sells for so cheap.

Neck is supereasy to play, and no buzzing. Intonation very good too. The finish is impressive.

Unless it sounds like garbage when I plug it in, this one's a winner.

Pics, videos, etc to come later.

Spudman
September 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Holy cow! That guitar has rosewood back and sides. That is an incredible price!!

Please play the heck out of it before you give us a review. If you find that it is really good with no problems then I'm going to get one for sure.

SuperSwede
September 12th, 2006, 08:37 AM
So thats what you spend your free shipping on? Sounds like a great guitar!

Robert
September 12th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Yes, I am very excited to play it. I figured it would be a good thing to spend the free shipping on.

t_ross33
September 12th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I couldn't talk you into a Washburn, eh? ;)

Looks pretty sweet for the price. I see that it comes with D'addario EXP16's from the factory. Let me know what you think of them - they are my favorite acoustic strings.

Can't wait to hear it!

Trev

M29
September 12th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Hello Robert,

Can you tell me if it has a truss rod? And if it does is it adjustable? I did not see it mentioned in the ad or I could not see if there was one in the picture.

Thanks Robert. Can't wait to hear it, I may order one as soon as possible.

M29

Robert
September 12th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Yep, it has a truss rod. Upon closer inspection, I see the frets and the fretboard are litte rough, but it still plays very good. I can fix up those little details myself anyway. It developed a little buzz on the frets the day after I got it, so I tightened the truss rod just a little and the buzz is gone. It is truly a good instrument for such a low cost.

The strings sound great to me Trev, but I am no expert on acoustic guitar strings.

It sounds just as good (or better) and plays better than many 400-600 dollar guitars I've been testing in music stores!

Here are some photos - http://picasaweb.google.com/robert.renman/SXDC50CEAcousticGuitar

And an SX acoustic guitar video clip (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-22.php)!

duhvoodooman
September 13th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Looks good! Sounds good! Plays good! Cheap! WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE??? :confused: :D

Nice acquisition, Robert!

Carlström
September 13th, 2006, 06:21 AM
now that certainly seems to be very good value for money. :DR

M29
September 13th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Oooh I like it! Great playing Robert and thank you for the info it sounds very good.

M29

t_ross33
September 13th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Sounds good Robert. We'll have to do some "unplugged" jammin' when I come out to Camrose :D Start studying up on some Willie Nelson :DR

warren0728
September 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
wow robert...looks (and sounds) like you got a great deal! You keep buying gear and you're going to have to up the 500 character maximium on our signatures to list them all!! :D

Robert
September 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks guys, yes my stuff is increasing in size... my wife ask how many of these stupid things I need... I say LOTS OF THEM! Haha!

Trev, I'll be ready for ya!

Tinky-Winky
September 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I can't wait to hear it plugged in, since it sounds great already. I especially liked the SRV bits, which reminded me of MTV unplugged.