PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Fender Squier Telecaster !!!

praga37
December 17th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I just saw an ad for a 1997 50th Anniversary Fender Squier Telecaster guitar. Black with maple neck; very good condition... He wants $200(CAN) for it...

I don't know much about Korean Fenders/Squiers, aside from the fact that the Protone series were great guitars...

I want to know: if such a guitar exists (50th Anniversary...) and if it is worth it? (Anniversary or not...)

oldguy
December 17th, 2009, 09:02 AM
The original Esquire, the forerunner of the Tele, was introduced in 1950.
A 1997 50th anniversary would appear to date the guitar's introduction back to 1947.
I don't know of such a model, but I'm no expert.
Welcome to TheFret btw. Drop by the Fretplayer's section when you can, and introduce yourself so we can welcome you properly.

markb
December 17th, 2009, 03:12 PM
1996 was the 50th anniversary of the Fender company (if you ignore the inconvenient fact that it's changed hands three times). It's possible some mention was made in literature and some special models. I don't remember any. My late '05 tele has a 60th anniversary button on the headstock. All guitars got them through '06. I expect we'll see these advertised as "special editions" in the future.

ZMAN
December 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I checked my old Fender Frontline catalogues and there is no mention of any Squiers in then. Only an add inside the front cover for Squier guitars.
In 1996 they celebrated the 50th Ann. of Fender. So a 1997 50th Anniversary of what? If he has documentation it would be interesting to see.