PDA

View Full Version : Howdooo

S*Fitton
December 18th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Howdo all, im new on here this being my first post!

Just purchased myself a Fender Squier acoustic guitar which I am very pleased with as it looks perfect, apart from one thing.

On the fretboard there are like different coloured marks, kind of lighter if you know what i mean....the guitar is brand new. It doesn't look like different shades of wood, it's kinda hard to explain....I am going to take a few pics (if the camera picks it up) and will upload them.

any help would be much appreciated in the meantime thanks alot,

Sam.

oldguy
December 18th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Welcome to TheFret! Glad you joined us here. Yes, some pics would help explain the situation. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.
Again, welcome.

Spudman
December 18th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Sam. If you have any more questions ever just ask away and we'll help best we can.

If you have discontinuous color on a rosewood or similar fret board you can use a bit of lemon oil for wood on it to even the coloration out and ensure it has adequate moisture content. Still would help to see a photo.

Tig
December 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Sam!
:beer:

Robert
December 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Welcome Sam!

Plank_Spanker
December 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Sam!

kiteman
December 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Howdy Sam, gotta see that pic! :)

tot_Ou_tard
December 20th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Welcome S* I *

sunvalleylaw
December 20th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the party!

Rampant
December 21st, 2009, 06:52 AM
Greetings matey

Welcome to the fret.

As somone already suggested, a little lemon oil dressing will probably sort out the colouration...

Cheerz

Mark H

Brian Krashpad
December 21st, 2009, 07:00 AM
Hi Sam. If you have any more questions ever just ask away and we'll help best we can.

If you have discontinuous color on a rosewood or similar fret board you can use a bit of lemon oil for wood on it to even the coloration out and ensure it has adequate moisture content. Still would help to see a photo.

^This.

Some natural streaks are to be expected, it's more an aesthetic thing than anything else, most of the time.

Welcome.

FrankenFretter
December 21st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Welcome, Sam!

mrmudcat
December 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
welcome

Auriemma
December 29th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Welcome to The Fret. Fret conditioner will darken it some, there is even a fretboard dye available if it really bothers you.

To me, that coloration makes your guitar unique, so stop fretting (pun intended) over the wood color and just enjoy it.

FWIW: my Martin OM-1 has some light streaks through the fretboard too. I don't sweat them.