PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a rocker, turn it up.... ~!

333maxwell
December 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Or turn it off, I could see this going either way.. *L*

Just finished this one.. still need to work the final mix a bit actually but probably wont for awhile so figured it was good enough for what I do.. just be gentle and realize that all the sound is only created by 3 instruments (bass, drum and guitar) and I'll appologize up front for a few seconds of Beer Barrel Polka in there, I really don't know how, or why I let that happen..
----

A bit of modeler education to be had if anyone wants it.. especially for the middle and end guitar part,... or what I mean is that I used a modeler and this is an example of why they suck.. clearly I had no actual sound pressure and natural feedback (the two things a modeler simply can't do) hitting the strings.. and it shows.. trying to do dive bombs and screaming with controlled feedback with a modeler, is like trying to mold dry sand.. it just doesn't work well.

Anyways, all the things a modeler CAN'T do.. displayed right here in this piece. I think you'll get what I mean about the guitar solo time.. I can hit the notes, but the guitar never gets to lift off..

Still, fun enough little song, I hope it at least makes someone get a smile.

Could This Be
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8495260

Any thoughts will be appreciated and utilized in the final mix..

hubberjub
December 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Cool man. Definitely had an early Van Halen feel to it. Kind of Hot for Teacher ish. The only thing I noticed was that it would be cool to hear a little more note definition in the solo. I think it was mostly due to the frequency that the cocked wah pedal was accentuating. I could tell you had some slick licks going on and they just sounded a little masked by the effects. Really good job. :applause

Geoffrey Charles
December 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I liked it. :)

M29
December 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Sounds good 333M:AOK

oldguy
December 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cool man. Definitely had an early Van Halen feel to it. Kind of Hot for Teacher ish. Really good job. :applause

Same thoughts here. Fine job, max.
A mic'd up amp would be killer on the guitar parts. I agree 'bout the modelers not getting the feel of SPL or feedback.