PDA

View Full Version : New Bonamassa Album This Spring

marnold
December 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I just got an email from Joe Bonamassa's mailing list saying that he will be releasing a new album called "Black Rock" in March or April of 2010. On it will be a duet with B.B. King, playing King's "Night Life."

just strum
December 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I still need to get my first Bonamassa CD. The only thing that stands in my way is my frugality.

marnold
December 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
If you're looking for a suggestion, I'd get either "You and Me" or "The Ballad of John Henry" as the first one. FWIW, Amazon's MP3 store has the former for $8.99 and the latter for $9.49. No affiliation, yadda, yadda. I go through Amazon because it's just about impossible to get a Bonamassa CD locally. The only reason I have "Sloe Gin" on CD is because I bought it when I went to his concert . . . for $20.

ZMAN
December 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I didn't have any JB CDs or DVDs. Then Blaze turned me on to the Live at the Albert Hall DVD. It is absolutely amazing. So to get the free shipping from amazon, I picked up the Ballad of John Henry CD. It has a couple of decent cuts but I find it very Dark. I will make sure I listen to cuts before I buy my next one. I just can't believe how different that CD is from his DVD.
If you have a good sound system, at least a 5.1 with the DVD you will thorougly enjoy the concert.

duhvoodooman
December 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I still need to get my first Bonamassa CD. The only thing that stands in my way is my frugality.
When you buy a Toyota instead of a Lexus, you're frugal. When you won't spend $10 on a CD, you're CHEAP! :poke ;) :rollover

just strum
December 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
When you buy a Toyota instead of a Lexus, you're frugal. When you won't spend $10 on a CD, you're CHEAP! :poke ;) :rollover

I know, but I was trying to portray a better image - guess it didn't work.:thwap

ZMAN
December 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Today I had to take a 1.5 hour round trip to pick up a 7.1 system for my son.
On the way I took the CD The Battle of John Henry and listened to it in my SUV. I have a decent sound system and I really didn't give the album a chance before. It is actually a very good CD. So I take back what I said about it being quite different from the DVD. The DVD just sounds so much better through my 5.1 system.

Neal
December 25th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Might as well get it. There's no roof rack on a hearse:happy

Commodore 64
December 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM

Just got a 2 DVD set, Live From the Royal Albert Hall, from my mother in law for Christmas. Personally, I think the guy needs a lead singer..I'm not enamored with his vocals, at all. It's still good to listen to, it's good stuff.

In any case, I've already ripped the DVDs to my HTPC, so you could certainly borrow my originals.

Blaze
December 27th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Joe on his new amph and an obscure new recording project,not Black Rock ..from his website 4 days ago..

"So I am recording a " discrete project" in early January. (you will know eventually but now you cant.. sorry).
I needed to find a really killer Marshall.
A clean tone one.. Like Paul Kossoff's or Eric Johnson.
When I say clean tone one.. a 4 input model that when you turn to 6 or 7 its still not distorted but its loud and breaking up slightly..
So my friends at Guitar Center Hollywood vintage found me a slightly modded Super Bass 100 watt plexi panel head .

It has a master volume added in the back but does little to the original tone.
I plugged it in and was so blown away it made me cry. I finally found the Kossoff tone..
It is magic and due to the demand of 100 watt heads being less than spectacular and given the Guitar Center guys are uber nice, I got it pretty reasonable.
Not since I ve been a kid ( a long time) have I been inspired to play by a amp or piece of gear.

It is a magic one in a non collector clothing.
Its in my living room now with a chandler tube driver and a boss reverb.
Its the "Tons of Sobs" tone. Even with the THD Hot plate set at "neighbors" it is so good.. Sorry I am gushing a bit. But you know..
As for it seeing action Live, not a chance.. Its my new favourite child right now.."
Joe B

Eric
December 31st, 2009, 09:18 AM
Awesome. I'll remember that one.

Blaze
January 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM
There is still that rumor about Bonamassa doin a side project with a rock band.. We ll see ..

From his Forum:

'' Okay... my brother belongs to a Led Zeppelin list called For Badgeholders Only (FBO), and he often gets inside information on there from a few guys with real connections... their track record is excellent. I won't reveal the name of the source, but here's the guy's whole posting:

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 6:02 PM
Subject: New Jason project

Speaking of Jason...

I have it on good authority (not from Jason), that Glenn Hughes is putting
together a new project, and at the moment, the following lineup is giving
it a go:

Glenn Hughes - Bass, Vocals
Joe Bonamassa - Guitar
Derek Sherinian - Keyboards
Jason Bonham - Drums

Whether or not this lineup sticks, only the future will tell...

Cheers!...... ''

-------------------------------

Bonamassa reply:

''All I will say is that there is a super group record in the making and that it is half done. but I will give you a hint of some of the supporting crew

Lead Bus driver: Lewis Hamilton
Tour Manager: Tony Blair
Production manager/ logistics: Colin Powell
Merch: Tom Ford
Publicity: Oprah
cool''.

Joe B

Commodore 64
January 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Thank God, Glenn Hughes is doing the singing.