PDA

View Full Version : NAD - Vox DA5

t_ross33
December 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Haven't posted much of anything for quite a while, but thought I'd give you a quick update:

While waiting for finances, permits, endorsements and other permissions necessary from my wife :pancake to procure a new amp (leaning towards a Vox Night Train and cab, or maybe something more Fender-y), I noticed a friend was off loading this little baby on Kijiji cheap, so I scooped it up. Will do some horse trading or defer payment until after the holidays ;)

I wanted something more portable so I can move about the ol' homestead without having to haul a ton of gear up and down stairs etc. and this little unit sure fits the bill. Sounds great for being so tiny, plenty loud for practicing and monkeying around at the computer, even on the 0.5W setting. Amp models and effects are varied enough for hours of fun.

I started out with a Vox AD30VT a few years ago, so I'm familiar with the settings and can get "good enough for practice" tones dialed in pretty quick. I won't be gigging with it... it is what it is, but it does what it does well.

Nice to be back. Have a look at our band's website and Facebook fan site to see what I've been up to :cool:

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Welcome back Trev, and congrats on the amph! I think it would be fun to get one of those one day.