PDA

View Full Version : New Blizzard Pearl Am Standard strat

Duff
December 19th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Just picked it up yesterday.

Awesome blizzard pearl metallic Am Standard strat, purchased for me by my fiance. Had a Goldish snakeskin type pickguard put on it and it looks awesome, sounds awesmome, feels awesome, plays super incredible.

Will take some pics today and post hopefully.

Named it "Snakebite".

Trying to replace my cheap guitar collection with some nicer stuff. Going to sell some of my cheap guitars very soon but will keep the ones that are awesome but just not expensive; you know the story. Cost is not always the key to the great guitar.

oldguy
December 19th, 2009, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=Duff]Just picked it up yesterday.
Will take some pics today and post hopefully.
QUOTE]

Good man. 'Cuz as you know........

:worthless

Spudman
December 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Good man. 'Cuz as you know........

:worthless

Exactly. Picture up buddy.:poke

just strum
December 19th, 2009, 10:02 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/pics.gifhttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/pics.gifhttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/pics.gif

ZMAN
December 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Duff: Could you send a picture of your finance!

M29
December 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
:poke :happy

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I would like to see it too. I have never seen a Blizzard Pearl American. Congrats!

Duff
January 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Pictures: This is the Am. Std. Strat I just got. It is an amazing guitar with great versitility. The tone controls work very well and it has a huge palate of sound. The neck is great with no buzzing and low action. It hits my tube amps nice and hard; Crate Palamino V32 NOS w two 12 inch Celestion seventy/eighties, and my Peavey Mini Colossal. These are the only two of my amps I've played it thru so far.

The Blizzard Pearl finish is surprisingly nice looking and almost looks like Shoreline Gold. The snakeskin pickguard doesn't show up in the pictures as well as it looks in person. Wish I knew how to post pictures larger.

Spudman
January 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Wish I knew how to post pictures larger.

Host them on a free account at Photobucket.com
http://photobucket.com/

ZMAN
January 8th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I have the Blizzard pearl on my 60th Ann. Strat and it is sweet. Yours sure looks nice.
I have a picture in my photos, of my Vintage white 68 reissue and my Blizzard pearl 60th together.

Unknown Fan
January 8th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I love that color, very nice...

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I need better pics, but I think that is the same color as my MIM Blizzard Pearl 60th strat. It is a really nice color to be sure. Kind of silver, but very warm, and seems to shift shade just a bit depending on light, etc,

Duff
January 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I really like the snakeskin type pickguard. I think it looks great on the Blizzard Pearl.

I will try to post some Photobucket links onto the thread. These pictures are resized from photobucket.

My computer came back with "remote hosting has been discontinued" or something when I tried to upload directly the url for the picture from Photobucket.

Any ideas what that was about?

wingsdad
January 9th, 2010, 12:10 PM
...My computer came back with "remote hosting has been discontinued" or something when I tried to upload directly the url for the picture from Photobucket.

Any ideas what that was about?
In P-bucket, assuming your on a PC, hang your cursor over the thumbnail of the pic you want to post. A box should drop down with options, and 'IMG Code' as the last one. Hang your cursor over the box with that IMG Code in it, when the cursor changes to I-bar, right-click, copy. Then right-click paste that into your message/post box here.

Preview the post; you should see the pic. If so, you're good to go.

Duff
February 11th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Wingsdad,

When I do that some of the pictures are quite small. Is there any way to make them bigger and easier to see details? Resizing is something that doesn't seem to be clearly findable.

Thanks in advance for the help.

wingsdad
February 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Duff, I'm not sure why that's happening...most were small, but 1 of your pics of the new American Strat in the other thread was good sized...? How did you do those?

All I can offer is that most times, other than cropping a bit, I don't resize the photos before uploading to p-bucket; pb automatically reduces them to the max allowable size...at least I think that's what happens. I dunno...

Bilsdragon
June 18th, 2010, 09:21 AM
You need to shoot higher res pics and then resizing them down will keep the quality.

So far, I haven't noticed pb changing the size of any pictures I uploaded.

riverrick
June 19th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Love the Strat. Cool pickguard too. Nice purchase. Do wish the pics were a tad bigger though.

deeaa
June 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM
These days, pics are always too big for web...even my cell phone cmera is 5 mpix and if i send directly to net, they're way too big...

Btw OP; I have for long now believed the most expensives aren't always best...my best axe is an 80s Charvette based bastard project of a guitar....but those MIA strats are awesome too, what I've tried...

mainestratman
June 20th, 2010, 05:28 AM
These days, pics are always too big for web...even my cell phone cmera is 5 mpix and if i send directly to net, they're way too big...

OT: I have been using Gallerymage for quite awhile to resize photos. Works well. http://tanksoftware.com/gallmage/