PDA

View Full Version : World drum jam

oldguy
December 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM
A bit of rhythm noodling to the "world" drum pattern in the RP250, running the AL-3000 through the Jet City JCA20H and Ceriatone OTS from the stereo out on the Digitech Hardwire Stereo Reverb. More info/settings/gear used in the video itself. The JetCity was the logical choice for the crunch sound. Running the OTS clean w/ a little delay, and the reverb running stereo through both amphs got a big, big sound in the front room. :AOK

The actual sound was better in person, but it came out decent in the video.

74qVpXTpoD0

FrankAxtell
December 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM
That was really rockin'....i loved that groove you had going... really showed off your playing. Great amp set up also. Time for a live bass player and drummer!
Good work!:applause :dude

piebaldpython
December 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM
WOW!!! You may be an OG but your ideas on solos are anything but cliched. What a jam. Just great playing. What impressed me the most was how for huge chunks of time you stayed up near the nut, rarely getting past the 5th fret. Your gear sounds great too!

oldguy
December 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
That was really rockin'....i loved that groove you had going... really showed off your playing. Great amp set up also. Time for a live bass player and drummer!
Good work!:applause :dude

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment and the feedback.:)

sunvalleylaw
December 20th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Wow OG, that was great!

oldguy
December 20th, 2009, 11:19 PM
WOW!!! You may be an OG but your ideas on solos are anything but cliched. What a jam. Just great playing. What impressed me the most was how for huge chunks of time you stayed up near the nut, rarely getting past the 5th fret. Your gear sounds great too!

Thanks, pbp, appreciate it. You are right, I have found there are quite a few notes on the first five frets......who knew?:thwap

Spudman
December 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
:happy :bootyshake :dude It's all about the groove.

Very nice :AOK

M29
December 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Nice og! 5 minutes later I am still boppin my head to that one, nice groove and nice setup!

street music
December 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM
HEY OLDGUY! Man that rocks:dude
That was really nice licks.

oldguy
December 29th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Sunvalley, Spudman, M29, & street music,

Thanks, guys, each and every one of you.
Y'know, this comes up every so often, but I'll say it again.

It is so great to have an active forum where all members can post their playing, and be supported and encouraged by the other members.

Once again, Big Thanks to Robert for making TheFret possible, and thanks to all the great members. This place rocks.

NWBasser
December 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Dang that's sweet!

You seem to have the "rhythmic sensibility" of a good bass player.

A nice, dynamic groove.

Yeah, I like that sort of riffing style a lot!:AOK :cool:

Justaguyin_nc
September 18th, 2010, 09:26 AM
:dude You Go OLDGUY!! :applause

Keep Rockn'
Like your pick on amps! So many good ones this last year or so.
Jet City 20 Combo, Bulgera V22 and Epiphone 20 combo.
Im soooo confused.. as always!! :happy

oldguy
September 19th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Hi, Justa!
Yea, I know 'bout the amph thing...........actually, I ended up w/ the Jet City 20w head after reading good things and trying one at a Kansas City Guitar Center. Great little head, but I always think something else probably has that "one" sound I'm not getting through my setup.....y'know?

kidsmoke
September 19th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Glad this got resurrected. Damn, what a fun Jam!!

This is a great illustration of what my teacher is always talkin' about, economical movement, phrasing...and of course, it Rocks. I was ready for Sonny Landreth to step in from the other room and let loose.....Nice.

baldgit
September 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
That was really nice!