PDA

View Full Version : My baby girl is getting married . . .

luvmyshiner
December 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Her boyfriend called me two weeks ago to ask for her hand in marriage. I almost didn't answer because it was right in the middle of the Cowboys game, but they were losing so I figured what the hell . . .

Last night he proposed, and she said yes.

BUT (and this is a big BUT), he's a bass player and that worries me.:thwap

just strum
December 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Her boyfriend called me two weeks ago to ask for her hand in marriage. I almost didn't answer because it was right in the middle of the Cowboys game, but they were losing so I figured what the hell . . .

Last night he proposed, and she said yes.

BUT (and this is a big BUT), he's a bass player and that worries me.:thwap

Hey congrats to you and CB.

Bass player, hmm that could be a problem. Hey, look on the bright side, it could have been a drummer.

A certain person that was in Vegas is going to be heartbroken.

piebaldpython
December 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Congrats to you, CB and most importantly, BG.

A bass player??? That lucky girl!! Bass guys, almost always are rock solid, dependable and not flaky and not looking for the limelight. With the notable exception being Gene Simmons. :poke

luvmyshiner
December 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
With the notable exception being Gene Simmons. :poke

Wait a minute . . . you mean . . . HE'S JEWISH????:what

Childbride
December 21st, 2009, 08:18 PM
A certain person that was in Vegas is going to be heartbroken.

[sigh...] don't get me started. [there's not even an emoticon that fits my reply to that statement]

piebaldpython
December 21st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Wait a minute . . . you mean . . . HE'S JEWISH????:what

Oh boy....I'm not touching that one. aha But GS, lead singers (especially the ones who just sing and don't play an instrument) and ex-head cheerleaders tend to be.....how shall we say.....HIGH FRIGGIN' MAINTENANCE. Not all of them mind you....but enough of them to become a stereotype. :poke

Perfect Stranger
December 22nd, 2009, 04:36 AM
Congrats....and don't worry, my middle daughter married a bass player and they are doing quite well.

Kazz
December 22nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
I hope it is not Spud's bass player....he might get lost on the way to the venue :-)

Congrats LMS, CB and of course to BG too.

(do you feel old now Shiner?)

oldguy
December 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Not all of them mind you....but enough of them to become a stereotype. :poke
(use discretion and be clear when uttering those words around politicians, policemen, and attorneys):D :D :D

Congratulations, BG, CB, and Shiner!:applause

(Shiner, now you won't have to chase all those young men off with a stick anymore...........you just have "the talk" with this one.);)

Seriously, it's great he asked permission........it shows respect, and with some young people that's somewhat rare nowadays.

sunvalleylaw
December 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Congrats! He survived the "shotgun across the legs whilst Papa Shiner rocks on the porch" treatment I guess? And regarding being a bass player, that's not so bad! Leaves you free to play guitar during family jams!

luvmyshiner
December 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys. They're both good kids with a solid education and good heads on their shoulders. Of course I do worry. They seem so young (even though BG is four years older than I was the first time I got married).

Of course, my concerns couldn't have anything to do with my stellar record in the old matrimony department.:thwap

just strum
December 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
[sigh...] don't get me started. [there's not even an emoticon that fits my reply to that statement]

I guess I won't be on someone's Christmas list.

luvmyshiner
December 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM

Heh, heh, WRONG dude! I made your Christmas present myself. It's special! They say you can't polish a turd . . . they're WRONG.:bootyshake

just strum
December 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Heh, heh, WRONG dude! I made your Christmas present myself. It's special! They say you can't polish a turd . . . they're WRONG.:bootyshake
:what

Childbride
December 22nd, 2009, 07:04 PM

[snicker] you know darned well i wasn't talking about you.

i promise not to let Shiner ship one of his 'personal collection' to Strummyville. :messedup:

luvmyshiner
December 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
i promise not to let Shiner ship one of his 'personal collection' to Strummyville. :messedup:

Damn, I was gonna send you the one that looks like Winston Churchill. :mad:

just strum
December 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Damn, I was gonna send you the one that looks like Winston Churchill. :mad:

I could have put it with the one that looks like a guy sticking a tuner button up his nose - wait, that was an actual photo.

luvmyshiner
December 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
I actually have a "turd sculpture" of that one too. But I hold to mold it a little bit.:nope

sumitomo
December 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Hey guys the Bass player might get cold feet and run for the hills when he sees necked tractor guy! or sees how Shiner likes to tune his guitar! :thwap Sumi:D

player
December 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Congrats LMS, CB and Baby girl,may the farce be with them but seriously
he passed the limutus test so think all will be well.my former bassist is over 30 yrs married and going strong.they'll be just fine :AOK