PDA

View Full Version : Derek Trucks at 12 years

Spudman
December 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM
OMG! :what
He's only 12years old but dayum! If you close your eyes you'd never know he is just barely a decade old.
zDkIo4aJmls

Commodore 64
December 27th, 2009, 03:53 PM
LOL. Nice Zubaz pants!

M29
January 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Don't know how I missed this but thanks for posting it Spud!! What a treat!

M

redgibson
January 16th, 2010, 09:01 AM
It's videos like that which make me think I should just throw in the towel now... :thwap

Duff
January 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
What do you attribute that to Spud? Environment, heredity? Practice? Listening to a lot of Duane Allman recordings and jamming along trying to get into the groove? Early focused talent?

That was really neat to watch. Sounded so much like Duane Allman.

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Duff its in the genes/jeans..............you do know D.T is Allman family and he just didnt listen to alot of Duane( im sure he did:dude )

Original Allman member Butch Trucks (drummer) is D.T.'s uncle:AOK

Cant explain Derek he is mad talented as is his wife:french

tot_Ou_tard
January 16th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Sweet! Thanks Spud!

Pickngrin
January 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Good stuff. I first learned of Derek Trucks when I saw him live in 1990, when he played with Greg Allman, Stephen Stills, and a few others as part of a benefit for the governor of FL at the time. I was in awe of this little kid playing jaw-dropping slide guitar like I'd never heard before... He's really come into his own since then.

Spudman
January 16th, 2010, 09:16 PM
First time I heard him was on his 18th birthday. I was engineering his band. He had two Fender Super Reverb amps that he placed face to face and set a mic between them. This was to limit the stage volume. He was pretty loud but smooth sounding. I spent quite a bit of time hanging out with him that night and we played some rousing games of table soccer. He had no attitude whatsoever. He was very easy going and humble...especially after I dusted him at table soccer.

Duff
January 16th, 2010, 10:20 PM
With my limitted knowledge of D.T. I know I really like him on the two "Crossroads" DVDs. My fiance really likes him and I showed her the video and she thought it was quite a song with the youngster really sounding great and said, "look he's playing with that thingy on his fret hand". I reminded her that that is a slide and that he sounds a lot like the great Duane Allman.