PDA

View Full Version : What Cup size are you?

Myles
September 13th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Now that I have your attention...

How many cups of coffee do you drink every day?

I fought the erge to rely on this beautiful liquid throughout college, but it didn't take long after leaving to become a minor addict. Some weeks take only a single cup a day, some days I drink more than I do in a week.

So guys, what's you cup size?

ted s
September 13th, 2006, 03:51 PM
No less than 2, hopefully no more than 5, you see how fast I can type right now ?

Spudman
September 13th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Never touch the stuff myself. Who needs coffee when you can still buy speed? Wheeee!

Just kidding. :) But I still have never drank coffee. I heard that it makes a mans you-know-what smaller.

Katastrophe
September 13th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Just kidding. :) But I still have never drank coffee. I heard that it makes a mans you-know-what smaller.

Sooooooooooo, what *exactly* are you saying, Spuds?:eek: :confused:

Don't drink that much coffee, maybe one or two cups in a week.

Spudman
September 13th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Sooooooooooo, what *exactly* are you saying, Spuds?:eek: :confused:

Don't drink that much coffee, maybe one or two cups in a week.

It's easy to tell Kat that you don't have a coffee problem because you ride a fast motorcycle. It's those programmers that gulp the stuff like it's going out of existence.:D

Ooo. I'm probably going to get in trouble for that.

Mark
September 13th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I may have a cup on weekend mornings thats about it. Now Im usually nursing a cup of iced coffee around the house but its from a mix and has no caffene.

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Minimum of 4 cups every workday, usually 5 somedays up to 6. Weekend 2 or 3 per day....unless i'm working weekend too.

We Swedes love our coffee.....if i recall correct we're the second most coffeedrinking nation around .

Tim
September 14th, 2006, 03:29 AM
I usually drink 2 - 3 (seldom 4) each morning at work. My first cup is at 5:30 AM and I am normally done by 9:00 AM. I do not drink coffee on the weekends. So I guess it can be called a social behavior thing at work.

SuperSwede
September 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Ok, I admit it... I am a coffee junkie. No sugar or cream.

Myles
September 18th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Ok, I admit it... I am a coffee junkie. No sugar or cream.
Same boat here. Black coffee during the work week. I might throw in a double-double(2 creme, 2 sugar for those of you unfamiliar with the expression) at Tim Hortons, but thats mostly cause I like the sound of getting a double-double!

SuperSwede
September 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
A espresso now and then aint half bad either.. I like strong coffee!

tot_Ou_tard
September 18th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Do all caffeinated beverages count as coffee??

I'll have 1-2 cups O joe in the morning & then drink fresh brewed whole leaf tea all day long...black (mainly darjeeling), green (various chinese & japanese), & oolong (my favorite..good Tung Ting Oolong is incredible & good for an infinite number of infusions).

Espresso?...why not? Thanks Swede!

Spudman
September 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Like I said, I don't do coffee, but I do use caffeine tablets. I don't over do it with them either because when I do I just keep talking and talking.

I could never get past the bitter taste of coffee, but I loooovvvve the smell.
(I was going to put up a smiley but has anyone noticed that they don't have noses?):rolleyes:

tot_Ou_tard
September 19th, 2006, 05:49 AM
I could never get past the bitter taste of coffee, but I loooovvvve the smell.
(I was going to put up a smiley but has anyone noticed that they don't have noses?):rolleyes:
The bitter taste is where its at with coffee.

Its the GOOD kind of bitter.

Dark n rich n smoky but with a bite...yummmmmmm!

Tone2TheBone
September 19th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I am drinking a large travel mug of black coffee at the moment. Just black. No sugar or cream.......*slurps*

SuperSwede
September 19th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I have never found any joy in tea drinking. But coffee, oh my god. I owe my stomach ulcer to that fantastic brew.
Another question, do you prefer your coffee in a mug or a cup? I am a mug-man, I especially like to drink in my oversize two-handle mug :)

Tone2TheBone
September 19th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I like the hot green tea they serve at PF Changs in that little cast iron tea kettle. :) Almost as much as their Forbidden City Tea. (alcohol drink). *wiggles eyebrows*

Tim
September 19th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Vitalmyles - First I would like to know what a “double double” sounds like? I am interested to hearing the sound myself. If I like it, I will order it.

Spuds & Tot – If coffee is brewed correctly there is no bitter taste. It’s all in the preparation my friends.

I must admit that my favorite coffee at the present time is Dunkin’ Donuts. Oh boy, do I like their coffee! That other brand “ SB." is too bitter for me. Must be incorrect brewing.

So let’s take this survey one step further. What is your favorite brand of coffee? You all now know mine.

Tone2TheBone
September 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Black............ :)

Tim
September 19th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Black............ :)

How thick ???????????????

Tone2TheBone
September 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
A nice bold thickness as per the standard for the correctly brewed process.

There's a local brand here that I like called Black Mesa. Not too shabby.

kerc
September 19th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I reduced my intake of good, creamy café con leche, Puerto Rican style, to only two cups a day...I was drinking way too much and my stomach was going to hell...

:D

tot_Ou_tard
September 19th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I have never found any joy in tea drinking. But coffee, oh my god. I owe my stomach ulcer to that fantastic brew.
Another question, do you prefer your coffee in a mug or a cup? I am a mug-man, I especially like to drink in my oversize two-handle mug :)

You just haven't had good tea SS.

What's a cup?;)

Spuds & Tot – If coffee is brewed correctly there is no bitter taste. It’s all in the preparation my friends.

I must admit that my favorite coffee at the present time is Dunkin’ Donuts. Oh boy, do I like their coffee! That other brand “ SB." is too bitter for me. Must be incorrect brewing.

So let’s take this survey one step further. What is your favorite brand of coffee? You all now know mine.

I'll still argue for some bitterness. Dunkin' Donuts?!? I've never had it (I don't eat many d'noughts), but I have heard that people like it. I guess that I'll have to try it someday, but I don't have great expectations.

warren0728
September 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
never developed a tatste for coffee...used to drink LOTS of mountain dew until my doc told me to lay off the caffeine.....so no more caffeine for me. It was hell the first week...hard the second week and now i don't miss caffeine at all.

ww

SuperSwede
September 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
It should be very black, very thick and carry a surgeon generals warning.

tot_Ou_tard
September 19th, 2006, 04:29 PM
It should be very black, very thick and carry a surgeon generals warning.
You have surgeons general in Sweden? (& yes that is the correct place to put the "s")

Spudman
September 19th, 2006, 05:14 PM
You have surgeons general in Sweden? (& yes that is the correct place to put the "s")

No it's not. Your "s" goes just on top of the little round hole. Which is what happens to me with too much caffeine.:o

tot_Ou_tard
September 19th, 2006, 07:29 PM
No it's not. Your "s" goes just on top of the little round hole. Which is what happens to me with too much caffeine.:o
Boy...I know I should get the joke, but I'm just scratchin' my head Spudz. :confused:

Spudman
September 19th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Boy...I know I should get the joke, but I'm just scratchin' my head Spudz. :confused:

Well...you would be scratchin' your 's' if you weren't a sittin on it.

Carlström
September 20th, 2006, 12:43 AM
couldn't get a decent cup of coffee when i was over in north america.....all brewed them so darn weak. but then again i wasn't over there for long so hadn't a chance to try so many places

tot_Ou_tard
September 20th, 2006, 04:37 AM
couldn't get a decent cup of coffee when i was over in north america.....all brewed them so darn weak. but then again i wasn't over there for long so hadn't a chance to try so many places
That's why I go for espresso if I'm out. At home I can brew it any way I please.

Spud: D'oh!

SuperSwede
September 20th, 2006, 05:58 AM

blurgh...weak coffee.. I think we Swede´s (another "S", please feel free to sit on it Spud & Tot) drink the most coffee per capita in the whole world. What brand do you prefer Carlström?

zeusse
October 2nd, 2006, 02:01 PM
Vitalmyles - First I would like to know what a “double double” sounds like? I am interested to hearing the sound myself. If I like it, I will order it.

While your wondering why Dunkin Donuts is so tasty it comes from a company called Mother Parkers here in Canada I would know I use to haul it out to the distribution center in Mass. its pretty good but it still won't beat a Tim Hortons coffee from what I've seen in North America Ontario has more donut shops per/capa than anywhere else around..but Dunkin donuts has better donuts.....(as he sips his Tim Hortons coffee...mmmmm)

tot_Ou_tard
October 12th, 2006, 09:30 AM
A coffe geek friend of mine suggested Intelligencia coffees:

http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/

I'm drinking a cup O their Ethiopian Yergacheff

http://intelligentsiacoffee.com/store/coffee/africa_arabia/yerga

The label sez:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Spicy and deep, with a bakers chocolate and an intriguing sweetness reminiscent of honeydew and caramelized honey. A silky body gives the cup an enjoyable heft, and there is a pleasing resonance in the finish—a quiet echo of melon rind that fades quickly and smoothly into the background.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno about all of that, but it is mighty tasty! Use plenty of beans when you brew! Delightful....

O! the quiet echo of melon rind fading... :D

SuperSwede
October 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM
A silky body always gives me enjoyable heft...

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM
No less than 2, hopefully no more than 5, you see how fast I can type right now ?

I am right in there with Ted, except I usually hold it to no more than 4. Almost always all in the morning.

tot_Ou_tard
January 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I tried Dunkin' Donuts coffee while taking my son to college recently.

to quote Ro3b... "shrug".

The same service area had Lavazza espresso. I'll take that over the DD coffee anyday.

SixStringJoe
January 27th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Rarely drink coffee.