PDA

View Full Version : Testing out Seymour Duncan Little 59 pickup

Telewanger
December 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Just installed Little 59 pickup today. Don't know if I like it yet? It seems to be okay so far.

The video is played at low room volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQ3bpi1KVg

Tig
December 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Sounds like it still has a Tele twang when you want it, but with plenty of versatility for other tones.

I like the new switch and control configuration.

hubberjub
December 29th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have one in my '91 Strat. I'm not really fond of it but always thought it would sound good in a Tele.

oldguy
December 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Sounds good in the video.
Some nice variety in sounds w/ the pickup+the effects you used.:AOK

msteeln
December 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Not sure about the PU yet but that is a sweet looking Tele!

How would you stack that lil '59 against a Bareknuckle 'Sinner', if you've tried it?
Kinda two different critters.

Telewanger
December 29th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your feedback!

I have not tried the Bareknuckle "Sinner".

I cranked the volume really loud this morning, and stood right in front of the amp with no hum or feedback. It sounds really good at loud tube amp volume. I shielded the entire inside of the guitar with aluminum and used a .047 cap, all new wiring, and 250k pots.

After I ordered it, guys were telling me that it will sound too muddy and it won't clean up. I would probably agree somewhat if it was wired series only. Since I put the other 3 way switch in it, now it cleans up as good as the stock pickup. ( series, split, and parallel )

I was afraid that it would have too much bass or midrange, but the switches allows it to sound really thin or fat. I think it's a keeper for now. Buying pickups is so difficult. Every company says that they have the best, and there are dozens of companies. I just read reviews, order one, and cross my fingers. You never know how one will sound in your guitar and gear until you try it out.