PDA

View Full Version : should i get me another guitar?

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 04:49 AM
well?

I got this acoustic Takamine that i can't get sold, but i could use it to trade in at the musicstore :p

but....what do i need? I don't like telecasters so that's out of the question, but other than that i'm open for suggestions :cool:

warren0728
September 14th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I don't like telecasters so that's out of the question
:eek: :eek: :eek:

it would help to know what type of music you want to play.....having said that....les paul

ww

Cranium
September 14th, 2006, 05:43 AM
What is there exept the strat? :D

Lev
September 14th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Any of the PRS SE series!! Affordable Gems (you may just need to upgrade the tuners on them but apart from that they rock!)

I have a Santana SE which I like alot but I found this demo on youtube of the Singlecut SE. I guess it depends on what kind of tones you are looking for though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmDn7hL57s

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 05:56 AM
oh i play all kinds of stuff, everything except twanging country i guess.

my list of gear is covering most of the stuff i play...well all of the stuff i play. so need isn't really part of the equation here

my gear....
Acoustic Guitars:
Emerald Opus X30
Takamine EF360SCO

Electric Guitars:
DeArmond T400
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (modded, only things original are the wood and the frets)
Godin Artisian ST with Lundgren 60's single coil set
Hagström Swede -74
Siggi Braun Custom "the Raven"
Wendler electroCoustic

Bass Guitars:
Ibanez Roadstar II RB960
Yamaha TRB-4P

Amps:
Guitar Marshall 30th Anniversary head, Randall 2x12 cab
Guitar Vox Tonelab
Bass Carvin 15" 100w

warren0728
September 14th, 2006, 06:01 AM
wow....nice collection....not sure but is there a 335 type guitar in that list (i'm not familiar with all of your models)

ww

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Yes the PRS SE series is REALLY a good idea, i'm gonna check those out for sure :D

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 06:04 AM
the DeArmond is my thin jazzbox so 335 style is covered :D

warren0728
September 14th, 2006, 06:06 AM
the DeArmond is my thin jazzbox so 335 style is covered :D
ok...cool...just curious....what is it about the tele that you don't like....

ww

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 06:08 AM
they just feel wrong to me. i guess it's a combination of bodyshape and neckprofile etc.

warren0728
September 14th, 2006, 06:14 AM
you could always shake it up and get a resonator type guitar and experiment with open tunings and playing slide...it's a lot of fun

ww

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 06:19 AM
hmmm that does sound interesting aswell :D

Tone2TheBone
September 14th, 2006, 08:10 AM
You could totally rock out on a Tele trust me.

I'm with Warren...get a Les Paul.

Lev
September 14th, 2006, 09:01 AM
This post has given me an attack of G.A.S!!

I want one of these!

http://prsguitars.com/showcase/current/sesinglecut.html

Katastrophe
September 14th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Well, you have a pretty well rounded collection, but here's what I'm thinking:

Fender or Squier Stratocaster: TONS of variety there, in almost any pup combination you could ask for. Accessories and aftermarket parts available everywhere. Don't count out the Squiers. As our esteemed Spudman can tell you, they are of solid quality nowadays, and are easy (and cheap) to modify to your liking. I've played one recently, and it stood out as a great guitar for the price, and I actually liked it better than the MIM Fender I played before as well.

Epiphone LP Goldtop with P90s: Nelskie has one that just looks stunning, and P90s have a sound all their own.

Lev: GAS is way contagious here. Guard your wallet with your life!:D

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Keep the suggestions coming :D

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Well when it comes to strats i'm not interested in those either. But that's because my Godin is for me the ultimate strat, it just can't get any better than that. So if i were to get a stratstyle guitar i very likely would never play it but only play my godin.

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 10:52 AM
the PRS SE Single cut is damn tempting.....i just might have to buy one. Gonna try and sell my acoustic for a little bit longer...if it sells i'll buy one of 'em....if it doesn't sell i'll buy one of them and trade the acoustic in.

but since i'm giving it some more time suggestions are still most welcome :D

fender tele
September 15th, 2006, 09:00 AM
:eek:
Telecasters.....feel.....wrong!?!?!!?
And I suppose your mother didn't feel like a mother!?!?!?!?

Ok, just kidding.

Ok....never saw what your price limit was, so.....

Gibson or Epi Firebird
Gibson or Epi SG
Rickenbacker...anything.....how bout a 12?

There's always upgrades to other things...
Do you sing? I recommend the EV ND 767. Blows away a Shure 58 IMO.

Carlström
September 15th, 2006, 10:06 AM
yeah i do sing, or something similar to it anyway. but nah not serious enough to need an upgrade on the equipment.

the reason me not saying my pricerange is because prices are so different over here in sweden...if i were to say my limit is 1000 USD you would come with suggestions that are under 1000 USD where you are but might be close to 2000usd here (sad i know)

thanks for the suggestions :D

Lev
September 15th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I hear ya! Us Europeans pay way too much!
And vintage instruments/amps are almost impossible to get hold of (except maybe in the UK). :(

Carlstrom, have you tried www.thomann.de - usually have the best prices in Europe.

Tinky-Winky
September 15th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I second the Rickenbacker suggestion - they have a completely unique sound and in my opinion look beautiful.