PDA

View Full Version : Produced/Recorded a new song ...

jpfeifer
December 31st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

My oldest daughter (now in college) has been writing songs over the past year. I've been producing and recording some of them for her.

We just finished a new one yesterday and posted it to her Soundclick and Myspace pages.

I learned a lot with this one.
I used my Variax (for the Sitar sounds), my Martin acoustic for the finger picked parts, and my trusty mandolin.

I've been trying to get better at the mastering part of the process since this is the area where I still have a lot to learn, but I discovered a few new plugins to help in this area.

This new song is called Jerbif. My daughter wrote this song about a unicorn that missed the chance to be on the Arc with the other animals.
Here is a link to the tune:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1002211

Thanks for listening. --Jim

Robert
December 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Sounds good. Her voice reminds me of the vocalist in the Cranberries.
Cool sitar sounds! Great work, and tell your daughter it was great!

evenkeel
December 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Sounds good. Her voice reminds me of the vocalist in the Cranberries.
Cool sitar sounds! Great work, and tell your daughter it was great!

Exactly what Robert says. Really nice stuff. Love the Brit folk 60's vibe.

Algonquin
December 31st, 2009, 03:16 PM
Of the four you and Amanda have done together, this one definitely has the most production value. It shows the effort that went into getting this one, and showcases both of your strong talents. One of the best compliments I can give is the continuity of Amanda's writing as I listen to her songs. Each relays a story and vibe that isn't always the case today in music.

I'd have to say that this one made me somewhat sad. This is not a bad thing, it's a compliment that it made me listen and think about the lyrics.

I'm thoroughly impressed (again)! Please pass on my sentiments Jim

Happy New Year!
David

jpfeifer
December 31st, 2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments on the song and production. I'll pass along the comments to Amanda, she will be thrilled that other people are liking her music.

Happy New Year to all of you, --Jim

M29
December 31st, 2009, 04:25 PM
That was very nice Jim very nicely done indeed. Give your daughter a heads up for me. :applause

phoenix_p0
January 1st, 2010, 11:46 AM
I think Jim, that it would be no exaggeration to say that I'd be happy to pay for those tracks - Neelloc and Jerbif are both fantastic tracks.

What a talent.

street music
January 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Great job Jim, sounds like a nice soundtrack for a movie.

Telewanger
January 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Nice pleasing voice! I don't know what the plans were with this tune. However, with some more commercial type lyrics, geared up for 2010, she would have an equal shot of being on the radio as much so as anyone else that I have heard pass through my studio.

I am not saying that the lyrics are not nice, but more commercial lyrics will would have a better chance of ever being played on radio these days, if that happens to be the route that she would like to take.

I really think really has something there, and I have recorded dozens and dozens of clients in my studio over the years.

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Sounds beautiful!