PDA

View Full Version : Just home from the hospital....

Perfect Stranger
January 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM
I got sprung from the big house last night after spending 3 days in the hospital with pneumonia. Whew! It kicked
my ***....big time! I've got more holes in me than swiss cheese. Still got a week of bed rest ahead of me. But at least
I don't have to eat the shitty food anymore. The problem is....I'm not hungry. The worst part was the shots into
the stomach, they hurt like hell.

Oh, yeah.....also found out from the x-rays and CT scans that I have COPD from lung disease caused by my smoking in
earlier life. So now I have to use one of those purple AdVair disk that you see on TV.

Boy, I can't say I'll be sorry to see 2009 limp off into the sunset....but I did lose 12 lbs so it wasn't ALL bad. ;)

Brian Krashpad
January 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Yikes! Mojo sent. Prayers for a better 2010.

luvmyshiner
January 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear that PS. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Robert
January 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear. Here's to a healthy 2010, my friend!

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry to hear. Here's to a healthy 2010, my friend!

Absolutely concur!

marnold
January 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Glad to hear you're out . . . at least recovery is within sight now!

Algonquin
January 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Welcome back Jim :applause Now go shower and shave ya filthy animal! :poke
There's no place like home...

Glad to hear you're on the mend.
All the best,
David

M29
January 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
Prayers and Mojo at ya for recovery PS!!!

M

helliott
January 1st, 2010, 06:46 PM
Here's to a speedy and full recovery. And a brighter 2010, which you deserve!

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2010, 08:24 PM
I had pneumonia about 20 years ago, but I didn't need to be hospitalized.

Get well! Being sick sux.

tjcurtin1
January 1st, 2010, 08:42 PM
Ouch! Glad you sound so upbeat! Best wishes for a good recovery...

oldguy
January 2nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
Here's hoping you feel better soon and have a great 2010, PS!

evenkeel
January 2nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Yikes!!! That's a crummy way to end the decade.

Best wishes and mojo sent for a much better 2010.

otaypanky
January 2nd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Feel better soon :AOK

ZMAN
January 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
I know how you feel. I had walking pneumonia for a year. I had to go to a chest rehab clinic to get over it. I carry the ventolin inhaler and have for 20 years. I now have one I take once a day called Symbicort. I only use the "rescue" inhaler before I play hockey. I play twice a week and I found years ago that by increasing your excercise program you can keep your lungs clear.
I also took up weight training to increase the volume of my chest. The breathing is part of the training and really helps.
There is nothing like that feeling that you can't get enough air when you breathe
And don't let these labels get you. The COPD is just a way of saying you have diminished lung capacity, probably made up to sell inhalers. You can increase your lung capacity and live a very comfortable life. You just have to learn, exercise and take very good care of yourself especially with a cold.
When I had the orginal symptoms I could not walk up a flight of stairs. Now I can play hockey for 2 hours at a time.
Good luck and take care.

syo
January 2nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
Glad to hear you're out of the hospital but sorry to hear you had to be there in the first place. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all good health!

duhvoodooman
January 2nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Yikes! :eek: Glad to hear you're recovering. Sending DVM your way (Duh Voodoo Mojo)!!! :dude

hubberjub
January 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear you're on the mend.

piebaldpython
January 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :dude

Blaze
January 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
My mother had pneumonia 20 years ago ,she s now 86 and still so lively..

You need a good recovery,take it easy and take this opportunity to practice those scales. :D :D

Sendin Blaze's Mojo..:AOK :AOK

aeolian
January 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
Here's hoping you recover quickly.

wingsdad
January 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Musta been a scary & painful situation, but glad you're out & on the mend, PS. Don't forget the chicken soup ;)

Tig
January 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Welcome back to the living, PS! That was a sorry time, but I'm glad you are doing better.

PNA is a bee-otch. I had bacterial PNA a few summers ago, and it took a while to really get over it. You'll be susceptible for recurrence for the next few months, so keep an eye on things.

Above all else, take it super easy this week, and if anything gets worse (chills, fever, increased shortness of breath), contact your doctor or the on-call doctor ASAP.

street music
January 2nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
OUCH PS! You better take care now and don't take a back set of the stuff.
That Advair can do some good, my mom had to take it twice to get better in two different cases of pneumonia.
Get some rest and tell us about those mean ole nurses.

Perfect Stranger
January 3rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and advice, guys. I really appreciate it. I finally and eating real food, took a shower....and even noodled on the guitar for 20 minutes. So it's getting better, getting better every day-ay!

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and advice, guys. I really appreciate it. I finally and eating real food, took a shower....and even noodled on the guitar for 20 minutes. So it's getting better, getting better every day-ay!
:AOK Cool, PS! :AOK

MAXIFUNK
January 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Get well soon try to take it easy.

sumitomo
January 5th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Glad your still with us PS,all these guys have given some good advise,so I'll throw in my 2 cents also,excerise,diet,relax,family time.Hey how about that head nurse,you know the one with the knee pads.Sumi:D

Monkus
January 5th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Glad you're on the mend, here's to a full recovery in 2010 !!!! :beer:

Childbride
January 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
hope things are all better now... sorry that you had to go through that!

mrmudcat
January 8th, 2010, 07:42 PM
hope ya feel better:AOK

peachhead
January 25th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I missed this earlier, but hope everything is better for you.
I've been taking advair for years- I just went from the round thing to the new inhaler version. Hopefully it will work as well for you as it does for me.