PDA

View Full Version : I think the Chopper T Pickup might be a keeper.

Telewanger
January 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Installed Dimarzio Chopper T Tele pickup a few weeks ago and added new split coil switch yesterday. Here is another test of the pickup with new switching.

I am starting to get some decent sounds out of it. Let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ls2aLfb7pY

street music
January 2nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Nice licks, good sound. What were you running all this through?

Telewanger
January 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
I am running it through an old Laney Pro Tube Lead and a Fender Twin. Effects are Fuzz Face, delay modulation and post reverb.

MAXIFUNK
January 2nd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Nice tone great licks thanks for sharing.

marnold
January 2nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Pretty nice! What kind of Strat is that with a Tele bridge pup?

Spudman
January 2nd, 2010, 09:07 PM
Doesn't Richie Kotzen use a Chopper? He gets some great sounds. Sounds great through your rig too.

Telewanger
January 3rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Pretty nice! What kind of Strat is that with a Tele bridge pup?

Thanks!

This guitar has a Fender Strat licensed body, Warmoth Telecaster neck, Telecaster Bridge, Dimarzio Chopper T Tele lead pickup, Wilkinson Strat pickups in the middle and bridge position, Strat 5 way switch, 3 way mini toggle switch for switching lead pickup ( single coil north - double coil - single coil south ) and the bottom tone control is wired like a Tele. I call it my "Half Breed" guitar. It has the best of both worlds. It can sound like a Strat or Tele!

marnold
January 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
This guitar has a Fender Strat licensed body, Warmoth Telecaster neck, Telecaster Bridge, Dimarzio Chopper T Tele lead pickup, Wilkinson Strat pickups in the middle and bridge position, Strat 5 way switch, 3 way mini toggle switch for switching lead pickup ( single coil north - double coil - single coil south ) and the bottom tone control is wired like a Tele. I call it my "Half Breed" guitar. It has the best of both worlds. It can sound like a Strat or Tele!
Works for me! I personally like the Tele bridge pup about a billion times more than a standard Strat bridge. I played a Tele with a Virtual Hot T bridge and really liked it.