PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 M9 video review and demo

Robert
January 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I spent a lot of time yesterday getting to know my little friend, the M9. I love it!

Best effects unit of 2009 - probably the coolest piece overall for the year, I must say (shared with the M13 perhaps). Here is my video review and demo. You know me - it's a long video! :dude

xV-pHZRydxw

oldguy
January 4th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Robert, that was a very pro demo, and sounded great.
Two thumbs up on a fantastic job.:AOK :AOK

Lev
January 4th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah, love the new demo format on this. Excellent pedal - you managed to give a taste of every effect which was great. When you think that each of these effects can then be tweaked to taste you realize how flexible this unit really is.

sunvalleylaw
January 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cool! I am going to watch that tonight!

rylanmartin
January 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Very nice, Robert. I recently traded out a bunch if pedals for the M13. It's unbelievable! I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I'd love to show off the Marshall too.

Glad you're having fun with your M9!

Robert
January 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Yes, it is a killer unit, either the M9 or the M13.

Click on our affiliate ads and buy one, guys! :)

I'll have to come over for a visit some day soon, Rylan. Would be great fun.

sumitomo
January 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Cool demo,It is a great unit,its going to take me a while to figure it out and I still have a sweet spot for my pedals,like my Rabid Rodent I got from Vood.Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
January 4th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Cool! I am going to watch that tonight!
Just finished watching. Definitely on the list to acquire at some point. The question will be the 9 or the 13 then. I am leaning used 13 at some time down the road. Good demo for sure! I would love to see some Line6 time with your Suhr also to hear the unit with single coils as well.

Monkus
January 5th, 2010, 09:41 AM
awesome

djmcconnell
January 5th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I've really enjoyed the m13, but have no point of reference since it is my first and only pedal.

Wondered how you think the Screamer and Wah effects hold up to the others that you reviewed on your YouTube clip?

Dave

Robert
January 5th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I have yet to play with it more to answer those questions, Dave. I'll be back (like Arnold said).

Spudman
January 5th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Wondered how you think the Screamer and Wah effects hold up to the others that you reviewed on your YouTube clip?

Dave

I can say from the point of view of a long time conventional wah user of many types and an M13 owner that the wahs in the M unit sound as good and/or better than conventional wahs for a couple of reasons. 1. they are easilly tweakable which is not something that you can do with all conventional wahs. 2. they don't suffer from the same issues of dirt and wear on the components as conventional wahs, no scratchiness. 3. they are smooth and predictable. 4. it is easy to place an M wah at any point in the signal chain. Not so with a wired and mounted pedal.

Now the one glaring problem with the M series wahs is that the controller pedals do not have the same feel or sweep as a conventional wah. Mostly they are longer. Some people might like that especially if they have not grown accustomed to conventional wahs. For me it feels strange so I use one of my conventional wahs in front of the M13 and I'm very happy with that.

player
January 10th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Yes, it is a killer unit, either the M9 or the M13.

Click on our affiliate ads and buy one, guys! :)

I'll have to come over for a visit some day soon, Rylan. Would be great fun.umm Right? scaring up four bills right now(given the situation) would be a long shot at best