PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is kind of cool!

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Two of my January pedal builds (a British Blues OD and a Windmill Fuzz) are going "on tour" with a CA-based guitarist who plays in Dave Davies' (ex-Kink) backup band. I think this maybe the first time any of my pedals have officially gone "on the road".

I'm still waiting for Bonamassa or Clapton to call, though.... ;)

marnold
January 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Sweet! I'll be able to say, "I knew him when . . ."

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Very cool indeed Sir Voodoo.

Tour dates:

http://www.davedavies.com/tour.htm

P'haps you could make it to Mohegan Sun in CT & listen to your pedals in action.

Here's Dave for you:

CvJyBz9hI-k

lP_hRje-W-g

3OoIC71dCQ4

Robert
January 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Congrats! That's great news.

Spudman
January 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
That's great Vood.
A friend of mine started making guitars and now he's making guitars for Ty Tabor of King's X and Steve Blaze of Lillian Axe. Just goes to show that you have to start somewhere and stick with it. Next thing you know that crazy pedal lover from the Chili Peppers is going to be calling you.

Eric
January 4th, 2010, 11:10 PM
A friend of mine started making guitars and now he's making guitars for Ty Tabor of King's X and Steve Blaze of Lillian Axe.
Seriously? I don't know that I'd say he's my favorite, but I am definitely a fan of Ty Tabor. Props to your friend.

MichaelE
January 4th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Congratulations! That's a step in the right direction to getting more exposure on a wider scale.

sunvalleylaw
January 4th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Cool DVM! I feel fortunate to have gotten in on the ground floor!

piebaldpython
January 5th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Pretty cool Vood. You'll know when you made it when they do a pedal-board pic on the Letterman Show and it shows DVM all over the board.

Bloozcat
January 6th, 2010, 10:04 AM
From humble beginnings to fame. The way legends are made!

Congrats, DVM. You've earned it!

:applause

kiteman
January 7th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Maybe The Edge will give ya a hollar. :)