PDA

View Full Version : My Crafter Moon Light

Leonidas
September 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
This acoustic was a gift from my girlfriend for my last birthday. It's by far the best gift I've ever received. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of, or knows much about Crafter (http://www.crafterusa.com), but let me say, they make one FINE instrument.

This one is the Moon Light Rose, and was made as a special model for the 30th Anniversary of Crafter. As you can see in the pictures, this is an absolute beauty of a guitar. And I must say, it sounds just as nice as it looks! I actually played this guitar a while before I received it (I guess I talked about it way too much... :D ) in a local music shop, and was blown away. That same visit I played some high-end Takamines and Martins. I would say the craftsmanship and sound of this Crafter is on par with both of them brands who are known for their great acoustics. It has that beautiful warm sound to it that only a good solid-top acoustic has. The most amazing thing about the Crafters is their price. This model sells for around $600, but I would say it EASILY compares with Martin guitars costing over $1500. Most of the time I play this guitar unplugged, but plugged in it is equally as impressive. The L.R. Baggs pickup is PHENOMINAL. I never thought an acoustic could sound so good plugged in, and I've only ever tried it through the Boutique Clean channel of my Vox. I could only imagine the sound plugged into a good acoustic amp...

Here are some of the specs:
BODY STYLE Grand Auditorium Cutaway
TOP Solid Engelmann Spruce
BACK & SIDES Rosewood
NECK Mahogany
FRET BOARD Indian Rosewood
MACHINE HEADS Deluxe Gold Tuners with Mushroom buttons
BRIDGE Indian Rosewood
HARDWARE Gold
ELECTRONICS New LR-T Pro(Tuner) Preamp with L.R.Baggs Element Pick-up

Tone2TheBone
September 14th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Thats a nice looking acoustic.

Carlström
September 14th, 2006, 01:50 PM
That sure has a lot of fancy detailwork on it :D
LR Baggs does make really nice pickups for acoustics.

i know i've played a crafter, funky soundholes on that modell i remember...but i can't for my life remember how it was. gonna have to keep my eyes open for another one to give it a whirl.....not that i'm in the search for a new acoustic but you never know when GAS hits lol

SuperSwede
September 15th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Very good looking guitar Leonidas. L.R. Baggs pickups really sound good. Definately not the average nasal piezo sound.