PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 Pocket Pod battery problems

rcwilk
January 5th, 2010, 11:46 PM
So, I was wondering if anyone using the line pocket pods have battery problems?

I seem to have 2 - one is that the batteries don't stay in without a wedge, the other is that they run out in about 4 hours.

RC

Ch0jin
January 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I have a Pocket Pod, and batteries running out in about 4 hours sounds about right actually. I don't have any problem with them staying in though.

I know 4 hours doesn't seem long, but I have to remind myself that my old zoom 505 would eat a 9V in an hour, and my delay pedal..well, it has a 9V to 18V conversion going on inside that results in it eating a 9v in about 20 minutes max.

In any case, I tend to use mine plugged into one of the Boss 9V supplies to save on batteries.

rcwilk
January 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
The dc is probably the way to go, but I hate to lose the little mobility I had with it. Say, any suggestions about when you amp this device? I've noticed I have to crank the effects to get anything near what Ihear in the headphones.

thanks, RC

sumitomo
January 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
How about the best of both worlds,The DC and get some rechargeable batteries,good ones.Sumi:D

rylanmartin
January 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I used the Pocket POD to play a gig at a nationally televized awards show. I was too lazy to bring gear for 1 song, so I used my shure wireless into the POD. It luckily worked the whole time, but the batteries died in the last 5 seconds of our outro... Good luck ever finding a last minute AC adapter...stupid Line6 and their reversed polarities!!

Ch0jin
January 6th, 2010, 11:51 PM
... Good luck ever finding a last minute AC adapter...stupid Line6 and their reversed polarities!!

Err what? Mine uses the same socket and polarity as all my Boss pedals. I'd say that pretty much makes it "standard" polarity :)

Say, any suggestions about when you amp this device? I've noticed I have to crank the effects to get anything near what Ihear in the headphones.

Embarrassingly, no :) I've not quite got around to plugging it into one of my amps yet although I've had it for ages now. I have a bunch of home made pedals I use when "amplified" :)

I do recall there is a setting though for amp modelling or something that you change based on whether you are going into an amp or headphones.

Plank_Spanker
January 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I used the Pocket POD to play a gig at a nationally televized awards show. I was too lazy to bring gear for 1 song, so I used my shure wireless into the POD. It luckily worked the whole time, but the batteries died in the last 5 seconds of our outro... Good luck ever finding a last minute AC adapter...stupid Line6 and their reversed polarities!!

No offense, Rylan, but why would you be too lazy to bring big gear to a nationally televised gig and just trust the batteries in a Line 6?

That is ballsy............................:crazyguy

I have a Pocket Pod, and I think it's a super practice amp. I've never had battery problems with mine. I get about four to six hours from it on fresh batteries.

rylanmartin
January 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Err what? Mine uses the same socket and polarity as all my Boss pedals. I'd say that pretty much makes it "standard" polarity :)

I discovered this later...Half of Line6's pedals require their own power supply or some kind of adapter though... I just remember scrambling to find ac adapters that weekend and not finding anything that worked.

No offense, Rylan, but why would you be too lazy to bring big gear to a nationally televised gig and just trust the batteries in a Line 6?

That is ballsy............................:crazyguy

You guys need to understand that I'm essentially lazy, and I strongly dislike playing in the band I'm in. We were there to play 1 song, and I didn't want to bring more than my Les Paul guitar case...I brought my Shure wireless unit, and the tiny POD...Did I mention the part about me being lazy? :dude

Conclusion: Pocket POD indeed DOES eat batteries.

Matt John
September 24th, 2010, 04:04 AM
I really like the guitar playing in this way because these kinds of music are amazing and awesome and it is a better opportunity for music lovers who want to learn to play guitar! this forum is very helpful in this regards,
Electric guitars, introduced in the 1930s, rely on an amplifier that can electronically manipulate tone. Early amplified guitars employed a hollow body, but a solid body was found more suitable. Electric guitars have had a continuing profound influence on popular culture. Guitars are recognized as a primary instrument in genres such as blues, bluegrass, country, flamenco, jazz, jota, mariachi, reggae, rock, soul, and many forms of pop.