PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Hiland & PRS have parted ways

Robert
January 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Wonder who he's going to be affiliated with now?

He really should have a Fender Tele with his name on it.

Statement RE: Johnny Hiland Leaves PRS

Nashville TN, December 14th 2009

PRS and Johnny Hiland have officially parted ways. The guitar maker and Hiland reached an impasse in negotiations for a new contract and have decided to go separate ways.

Johnny says of the situation, "I am very proud of the work I did while endorsing PRS and I am also very proud of the model that bore my name. I was saddened that it didn't work out. Sometimes you are faced with raw facts about people you work with, that while you try to ignore, they become very self evident. Such was the case here. We offered a very fair deal to PRS to continue on with them, they agreed that the deal was very fair and not out of line. We were not overreaching by any stretch of the imagination. My manager sent them the deal and patiently waited for an answer. After repeated efforts to get a clear answer, the answer finally came in the form of a phone call from Paul himself. He made it very clear that he would not be granting our requested deal."

"I want to thank Bev, Winn, Larry, Grover and Doug Sewell, the team in the shop who made my wonderful guitars, and to all of the people who silently played a role in making my guitar a success. I know that there is no way to properly thank you all. It hurts me deeply to leave, but at some point I had to look at the principles involved and decide to do the right thing for my family and for my dignity. I know in my heart I did the right thing."

"We wish nothing but the best for PRS and their continued success. My five years there saw some great achievements to which I will always be proud. "

"To all my fans, and for the folks who are wondering, I promise you that very soon you will hear about my new affiliation. It is in the works and more news will be forthcoming. This new affiliation came after me leaving PRS, but I can tell you this, you won't be disappointed. "

"I want everyone to know that it was not a matter of quality or anything else at PRS, it was simply a principle disagreement regarding my contract that dissolved our relationship. The guitars PRS builds are incredible pieces of art and represent the vision of an American legend; Paul Reed Smith. Thank you Paul for bringing my model out to the public. It was a very proud day in my life. I move on with a clear conscious and a warm heart for PRS. I wish you nothing but the best."

"2010 is really looking great and we are really excited to hit the road with my new band and record. My return to traditional hardcore chickin' pickin' country music is long overdue. It's now time to show people that traditional country music is where it's at. I aim to do just that."

"I sincerely hope this clears up the stories that are floating around. We will see you out on the road in 2010. Until then, God's Blessings on all of you and Happy Holidays!"

Johnny Hiland
December 14, 2009

Commodore 64
January 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I feel like I should know who Johnny Hiland is, if he has a signature series guitar.

Edit: Wow, what story. (http://www.johnnyhiland.com/)

Robert
January 6th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I feel like I should know who Johnny Hiland is, if he has a signature series guitar.

Edit: Wow, what story. (http://www.johnnyhiland.com/)

Yeah, haha, I feel you should too. :poke
He is nearly blind, hot picking country player. I met him once, really nice fellow.

hubberjub
January 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM
He's a great player and he probably will end up with Fender. It would be nice to see him with a smaller company but the smaller company can't offer the same financial incentives.

hubberjub
January 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
People at TGP are stating that he's signed with Music Man. That would be pretty cool. They make some great guitars.

Unknown Fan
January 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe the future holds a Hiland sig mdoel ASAT?

t_ross33
January 6th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I could see Johnny with a Music Man signature model... heck Albert Lee has a nice little signature axe (even though I still think it's kinda funny looking - :poke ). While PRS make nice guitars and the JH signature looks like a beauty, I could never reconcile the two in my mind... Johnny is a Tele player, even when he isn't playing a Tele.

So is Albert Lee for that matter :AOK

Robert
January 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Would be cool if Johnny would be swinging a Reverend!

I still see Hiland as Tele guy 100%.

Spudman
January 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM
It's a done deal with Musicman.
http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/41951-johnny-hiland-joins-ernie-ball-music-man-family.html

Unknown Fan
January 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Would be cool if Johnny would be swinging a Reverend

Hiland "00" Buckshot!

Maybe next time...

Spudman
January 7th, 2010, 11:47 AM
From Sterling Ball:

Johnny hiland joins the ebmm family

OK in a case where rumor ends up knowing this before me....As of today Johnny Hiland has joined our family as a valued endorsee. Johnny is over the moon with the Silhouette and will be playing them for a long time we both hope.

As for the earlier threads it was funny in that I had zero contact with Johnny until the next day after those threads when Derek called me and said that Johnny was interested in joining us.

As for some of the below the belt comments...Johnny is not doing this for money he is doing this because he likes our guitars. He will be supporting our original guitar the Silhouette which makes me very very happy.

Johnny will be at the NAMM show and has agreed to play at the Casey Lee Ball Foundation annual bash allong with Steve Lukather and Joe Bonamassa.

WElcome to the family...cant wait for the jam sessions with our team...Luke Albert SteveMorse , Steve Lukather, John Petrucci, and Johnny Hiland....Like the Yankees!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z265/biffalo/IMG_0045.jpg

Bloozcat
January 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
It's good to see no hard feelings towards PRS, which is just what I'd expect from Johnny Hiland. By all accounts he's a fine gentleman and an all around good guy.

I hope he has great success in his new affiliation with EBMM. He's a class act. :AOK

Geoffrey Charles
January 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I wish the best to Johnny. Great guy and guitar player.