Joe sounds like Joe , here s why ..

h-MvF6cYLDo&feature=channel

Tig
January 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Cool!
Thx

M29
January 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
He obviously spent a lot of time getting it all together and it shows, what a great sound!!

Thanks Blaze

marnold
January 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I thought the Carol Ann amph sounded a lot more like Eric Johnson. That influence in his tone has become much more prevalent than it was in his Strat days.

duhvoodooman
January 6th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I thought the Carol Ann amph sounded a lot more like Eric Johnson. That influence in his tone has become much more prevalent than it was in his Strat days.
EXACTLY what I was thinking, Rev! The combo of the chorus, reverb and slapback delay through the Carol-Ann really nails that EJ tone. When he adds in the bottom end of the Marshall, it's to die for. The $7,000 LP doesn't hurt, either....

rylanmartin
January 6th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I'd love to suffer from his form of narcissism.

Blaze
January 10th, 2010, 09:58 AM
This guy has found his own way to the Bonamassa tone..

ZKBC7rc_BYA&feature

ZMAN
January 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM
That is what I like about Joe. Sometimes listening I get Eic Johnson, another time Robben Ford, another time Billy Gibbons. Also some early Clapton, and a host of others. I am also a reverb junky. I love the Hall sound, and some slight vib, with a little slap back as well.
BTW I think I heard him say that he has that identical rig over in Europe, and he also has backups for most of them. He mentions boxes of pedals and each one is identical to one on his board and they all have the dials taped to his settings.
The guy is organized!