PDA

View Full Version : New build?

sumitomo
January 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Ok so I have my first strat (Strat Plus) that I bought in 1990 from GC in Torrance Calif.,just lately I bought a loaded pickguard with tone rider vintage,and they are nice but I was feeling I should leave my strat stock.(put in the orginal)so I bought a neck a maple since all my others are rosewood,it is a quatersawn warmoth Clapton shape stainless frets and locking tuners,got it for 285.00,It nice but I don't know for sure about the shape(it didn't say yea this is it)So I was going to do a chambered body,but due to the way the neck went I setteled for a solid alder body(Man they get all the money on ebay for used bodies)I setteled for a Teal Alder I got for 221.00,add a trem 60.00,the loaded pickguard was 200.00,add strings and a set up 60.00,thats 825.00,oh well I found a home for that loaded pickguard.I think I will really like the stainless fret though,one of my guitars has them and bending is so smooth,that you have to be careful not to over bend.I'll get pics as I go along I have to hide this from MaMa.LOL! Sumi:D

FrankenFretter
January 7th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Is that the color sometimes called Surf Green? If so, I really dig that one. I've always wanted a Strat that color. Looking forward to the pics!

sumitomo
January 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Nope this is Teal green,alittle darker,I really can't believe how much these guys bid for on these e-bay strat bodies,I believe I got this one cheaper due to the color,but I felt it would go ok with a black pickguard.Some of the bodies were going for 700.00 up and I didn't see any GOLD in the paint.I was bidding on about ten bodies and I would only go so high cause I could get a new Finished Alder Body from Warmoth shipped for about 335.00.Oh these were Fender bodies I was bidding on but man come on it's wood and I know some is better that other's,but it ain't that good.Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Sounds like a fun project!

sumitomo
January 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Got the body today,the green color wasn't too bad,but there's a pretty good gash in her,so I'll refinish her I think I'll have my friend do his famous diamond plate paint job on her,so a deeper silver with black diamond plate design should fit me good being a wrench and all,I'll post pics but the only way I know how to on here is in my photos,man facebook is easy what gives?more later.Sumi:D P.S. lesson learned I'm buying new from the manafacture next time not that much more $.:french

sumitomo
February 17th, 2010, 02:15 PM
OUCH!!! That copper foil cuts like a razor,I might have to sew my finger back on.LOL!!! Sumi:D