luvmyshiner
January 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I guess this is where this post should go.:help

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/DSC_0019.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/DSC_0020.jpg

Childbride
January 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
[sigh] they took out Colt.

we will most likely lose, and i admit that with pride, b/c we made it to the game in the first place.

i will not succumb to smoking to soothe my pain.

[we quit on monday]

need to just go and practice my lesson and turn off the volume. :(

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
[sigh] they took out Colt.

we will most likely lose, and i admit that with pride, b/c we made it to the game in the first place.

i will not succumb to smoking to soothe my pain.

[we quit on monday]

need to just go and practice my lesson and turn off the volume. :(

. . . call me Deacon Blues.

Sorry for your pain. Don't smoke! :nope

luvmyshiner
January 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
. . . call me Deacon Blues.

Sorry for your pain. Don't smoke! :nope

You'll be proud of us Steve. Last cig for both of us was at lunch on Monday. It's been much easier with both of us quitting at the same time. The last time I quit she was still smoking, and that didn't work very well.:help

Back to the Mando, I love this little girl. The only thing I don't like is the tuners. She's hard to tune and she doesn't hold her tune very well. So I ordered a set of these tonight to upgrade her:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Mandolin_tuners/Grover_A-Style_309_Mandolin_Tuning_Machines.html

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Cool! Congrats on the Mando. I do want one sometime. At our jam the other night, one of the mando players had a heck of a time with his tuning. Seemed to change every few minutes. I hope yours settles down. They look like fun to play.

BTW, CB's pain just eased a bit I see. :AOK (touchdown pass, back up QB to Shipley).

Congrats on quitting too! Keep it up! :happy

Childbride
January 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM
AAAACKKKK!!! i'm wearing my lucky ut tshirt, my cedric benson jersey, my lucky ut alum bracelet

o crud game back on

marnold
January 7th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Best of luck with both the Mando and the lack-o'-smoking! Just think, you'd be able to afford to buy me a Jet City combo! And that's just January's savings!

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2010, 10:46 PM
AAAACKKKK!!! i'm wearing my lucky ut tshirt, my cedric benson jersey, my lucky ut alum bracelet

o crud game back on

LOL!! Look at that, Shiner, your own wife mucking up your Mando thread with OT UT talk. :poke

Man, that Ingram looks impressive. UT defense seems to be doing a decent job though. Sweet scoring play by your back up QB and Shipley though! Nice!

EDIT: Tough sack and fumble. HOLD ON!

Childbride
January 7th, 2010, 10:55 PM
dang...

my team is playing with heart, even shiner is watching now [and he hates tx] [or is at least ambivalent]

what a game...

luvmyshiner
January 7th, 2010, 11:14 PM
LOL!! Look at that, Shiner, your own wife mucking up your Mando thread with OT UT talk. :poke

Man, that Ingram looks impressive. UT defense seems to be doing a decent job though. Sweet scoring play by your back up QB and Shipley though! Nice!

EDIT: Tough sack and fumble. HOLD ON!

Heh, heh, I don't mind Steve. I's can MULTITASK!!:french

Best of luck with both the Mando and the lack-o'-smoking! Just think, you'd be able to afford to buy me a Jet City combo! And that's just January's savings!

I luvs ya' marnold, but the extra money is going to my daughter's wedding in August.:thwap I'm still hopeful we can squeez in an Island at some point this year, but I'm not holding my breath.:cry:

Uh oh, looks like Texas couldn't pull it out. But I'm still impressed that the young second string QB did as well as he did. I would have not have put money on that. Give it a year or two and they may just pull it out.

Now . . . as for Baylor . . . :cry:

Childbride
January 7th, 2010, 11:35 PM
dang... i had this whole line of jokes lined up for tx stemming the red tide. :thwap :D :rolleyes:

owell. i wish the game could have been played with Colt, to see what we actually could have accomplished. but i accept what happened and look forward to next season.

GO LONGHORNS!!!:happy :beer: :rockon:

piebaldpython
January 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Tough loss there CB! The back-up played pretty good once he got the jitters out of his system.

Y'all's (OMG, look at that spelling, ahaha) tears will just be getting dry by the time my IGGLES get done putting a beat-down on MR. Jessica Simpson.

Last week was nuttin' but a play off the ALI rope-a-dope against Foreman. (at least, that is what I keep telling myself :french )

marnold
January 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM
The good news for Texas fans is that they obviously have a capable replacement for Colt McCoy (best name for a UT QB ever).

@nthony
January 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Nice mandolin. Whats the tuning on a mandolin btw are the strings tuned in 5ths or 6ths?

street music
January 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Nice Mando Shiner, CB sorry you didn't win the game.

Childbride
January 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
:) thanks guys, for the encouraging words... to both the smoking and the game.

it is a sweet mando, and she intrigues me. something different to experiment with/learn.

mrmudcat
January 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM
nice mando ...........maybe???????? next year c.b. on the game:notme :deadhorse:

luvmyshiner
January 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words y'all. Stew mac shipped out the new tuners today, although they shipped the gold rather than the nickle I ordered.:thwap It's ok, I'll see how they look before I decide whether to mess with sending them back.

MUDDY, ya' old fart. Been missin' you brother. Glad to see you around.

kidsmoke
January 8th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Last cig for both of us was at lunch on Monday.

:applause :happy :applause :dude

So maybe the great Tejas deep freeze is a cosmic conspiracy to help you guys out. It's too damn cold to run out for more! (assuming of course you got rid of what ever was in the house)

Sorry 'bout the horns CB. Not a fan of the Team, but love the town.

evenkeel
January 9th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Cool mando there Shiners. :applause :applause

You two be tough and beat that nasty smoking thing.
Good on ya!!!! :AOK :AOK