PDA

View Full Version : Vox AD30VT

WelcomeBack
September 15th, 2006, 04:57 PM
If anyones interested. Found a great deal on a Blues Jr. so I'm selling my AD30VT.

It's a little over a year old and in great shape. Haven't had a lick of trouble with it.

$300 with a Celestion G10
$225 with original speaker

Neg. + shipping
Let me know
Paul

SuperSwede
September 15th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Congrats to that Blues Jr.. Those are insanely great amps!

WelcomeBack
September 16th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks...I wish I could keep both. Unfortunately finances rule...or is it the look I got from my spouse.

Anyway the vox is a great little amp. It will make someone happy.

Now if I could do the BJ tubes justice.
Paul

WelcomeBack
January 23rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
AD30VT still for sale....make an offer.

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Welcome Back WelcomeBack

Although I believe that you were welcomed back the last time too.

I already have an AD30VT with a G10, but good luck.

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
The Vox series of amphs are really good. I loved mine. But it seems that after awhile people who have the 30VTs seem to sell them for another small real tube amph. I sold mine to get my Peavey Classic 30. Graduated to I guess in a way. What did it for me was that I loved the different variety of tones I could get with the Vox on the clean or semi gritty models like the Tweed 4x10 and the AC30 and AC15. The high gain models were "ok" but there was just something about getting good sounds from cleaner vintage models. I guess I wanted a amph that could get me those types of tones but in a real tube amph, and one that was reasonably priced and that's when I jumped on the Classic 30. I've noticed several of you doing the same thing.

Robert
January 23rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
You should keep it, brother! I'd take the AD30VT instead of the Blues Jr any day of the week.

NPauly
January 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
But it seems that after a while people who have the 30VTs seem to sell them for another small real tube amph. I sold mine to get my Peavey Classic 30. Graduated to I guess in a way. What did it for me was that I loved the different variety of tones I could get with the Vox on the clean or semi gritty models like the Tweed 4x10 and the AC30 and AC15. The high gain models were "ok" but there was just something about getting good sounds from cleaner vintage models. I guess I wanted a amph that could get me those types of tones but in a real tube amph, and one that was reasonably priced and that's when I jumped on the Classic 30. I've noticed several of you doing the same thing.

I did something similar when I bought my Traynor YCV20WR, only difference is, I didn't need to sell my modeling amp, a Roland Micro Cube. I bought the Traynor because I found that I was basically living on the Roland JC, Fender, and Vox models of my Micro Cube, so I decided I would be most happy with a blues'ish overdrive type amp. If I ever want to go high-gain and metal'ish I can always use a pedal for that. As far as keeping the Cube goes, well it is pretty much the perfect practice amp (the Fender GDEC Junior wasn't around yet) and since it takes up very little space it was a no-brainer that I was going to keep it. Plus I can't run my Traynor on AA batteries. ;)

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
NP - The Micro Cubes are awesome. I'll probably get one this year sometime. :)

warren0728
January 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
i bought a micro cube for conner when i got him his electric guitar...pretty cool little amp....he wishes it had an auto wah like the vox!

ww

NPauly
January 24th, 2007, 02:34 AM
i bought a micro cube for conner when i got him his electric guitar...pretty cool little amp....he wishes it had an auto wah like the vox!

LOL :D

I wish it had auto-wah like the Vox DA5 too ... oh well, can't win 'em all ...

Has anyone seen the new Fender GDEC Junior? It looks like the *perfect* beginner/practice amp.

Fender -> GDEC Junior (http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2351000000)

tot_Ou_tard
January 24th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Has anyone seen the new Fender GDEC Junior? It looks like the *perfect* beginner/practice amp.

Fender -> GDEC Junior (http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2351000000)
I've seen them, but haven't played through one. But then again, I'm not in the market for such a thing.

Danzego
January 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yes....but can one bring themselves to buy it after Fender, per that link NPauly gave, actually referred to it as "super-cute"?

That is SO not Rock'n'Roll, man!!! :cool:

tot_Ou_tard
January 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Yes....but can one bring themselves to buy it after Fender, per that link NPauly gave, actually referred to it as "super-cute"?

What if I told that a sunburst Les Paul is just adorable? :D

r_a_smith3530
January 24th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Hey, the other night, I got a chance to play a Warwick Rockbass through a Roland Bass Cube 100, and I have to say that I was highly impressed. It sure had a lot of flavors!

NPauly
January 25th, 2007, 02:07 AM

What?

The G-DEC Junior is a simplified, super-cute version of our award-winning original G-DEC.

Oic ... so are you saying that it's not "super-cute" ... hmm?

[baby-voice]Come on, just look at the little guy, he soo super-cute!![/baby-voice] ;)

NPauly
January 25th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Hey, the other night, I got a chance to play a Warwick Rockbass through a Roland Bass Cube 100, and I have to say that I was highly impressed. It sure had a lot of flavors!

I have to agree, I am been pretty impressed with the Roland Cubes. Plus I like the simpler controls over the Vox stuff -- but I love the Vox stuff too!! :D

Danzego
January 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
What if I told that a sunburst Les Paul is just adorable? :D

Dah!! Knock it off!! That's my next guitar you're slandering there!! :eek:

Man, now I have a week and a half to get that out of my mind. *thinks hard* Sunburst Les Paul is COOL. Sunburst Les Paul is COOL. Sunbust Les Paul is COOL. :DR

btw, just how good ARE those Cubes compared to a Vox? That was one I was looking into, but the local geetar store (evil Guitar Center) had none of them to try out when I went there. I heard clips online, but they sounded kinda....bleh, I guess. Of course, maybe they just didn't do a good job on the clips, like the Vox ones I've heard. How does a G-Dec (this "little cute one" or a regular one) fit into all that? :)

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I think they are just cute as a button!! Here, let me tweek your cheek young man!!:p

Man, now I have a week and a half to get that out of my mind. *thinks hard* Sunburst Les Paul is COOL. Sunburst Les Paul is COOL. Sunbust Les Paul is COOL. :DR

btw, just how good ARE those Cubes compared to a Vox? That was one I was looking into, but the local geetar store (evil Guitar Center) had none of them to try out when I went there. I heard clips online, but they sounded kinda....bleh, I guess. Of course, maybe they just didn't do a good job on the clips, like the Vox ones I've heard. How does a G-Dec (this "little cute one" or a regular one) fit into all that? :)

Tone2TheBone
January 25th, 2007, 02:11 PM
So WB did you sell your Vox then?

NPauly
January 26th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I have to agree, I'm starting to think that things over at Fender R&D (or maybe it's the marketing folks) have gone a little screwy ...

Gearwire -> Fender Champion 600 @ Winter NAMM 2007 (http://www.gearwire.com/media/fender-champ-600-wnamm.mov)

If you listen closely the Fender demo guy describes the new Champ 600 as "small, cute, and inexpensive" ... :confused:

tot_Ou_tard
January 27th, 2007, 07:28 AM

Why would a I slander such a darling little guitar named Leslie?

you're so *cuuuuute*, yes you are!

Danzego
January 27th, 2007, 12:36 PM
My manhood has been scarred for life. Thank you, guys. :cool:

;)