PDA

View Full Version : ESP LTD EC series LP style opinions

Duff
January 9th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Anyone have an opinion on the ESP LTD EC series LP style guitars?

I have a chance to get a glossy black with gold trim ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe for a great price, new, 700.

It has the EMGs, 85 or 81 and 60. Played a few and they sound great. Also played the Viper 1000 Deluxe in the EMG and SD style and both versions were incredible.

Anyone have an opinion on the LP style ones? Comparison to Gibson or Epiphone or other observations, first hand or otherwise. All comments are welcome.

My personal observation is that the EC 1000 sounds better with the EMGs than my Epi Plus top LP w SDs and better than the Gibson faded SG I had. Maybe it's the hot active pickups. The Viper 1000 also sounded super good in EMG and SD.

Not much said lately about ESP LTDs.

How would you rate them and how do they stack up against the competition, in your opinion?

oldguy
January 9th, 2010, 07:29 AM
That is a good deal, about $50 less than MF has them on sale for right now.
MF might match that price if you're buying from an ESP dealer, don't know if you could work a deal to use our MF link at that price or not. Just a thought.

It should have the earvana compensated nut, also.
I would say definitely play it through your amphs first, tho, if you haven't.
The reason being w/ the EMG's and differences in weight/wood/etc...........it won't sound just like a Les Paul, which is fine if you don't want a LP clone.
ESP's are well made guitars and that model should be a great one.
It will have it's own personality, and only you will know if that's the one for you.

street music
January 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Kodiak had his heart set on one of those before Christmas in the flat black and had played a couple. He has decided to pursue his computer programs for right now instead. They are nice guitars if EMGs are your thing.

hubberjub
January 11th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Why not look at a used ESP instead of getting an LTD? It will be the same money as a new LTD and a far superior guitar from what I've heard.

Duff
January 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
The LTD EC-1000 Deluxe looks great and plays great.

Haven't seen many EXPs around here.

Both of the Viper 1000s are great; SD and EMG.

Would like to check out an ESP.