PDA

View Full Version : Another Texan in the hopper

bcdon
January 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Although I've posted a few times, I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm a 40-something Texan living up here in the Great White North. I've always wanted to play guitar and after a few years of owning -- and not frequently playing! -- an acoustic, I bought an EPI LP last year. I'm certainly a noob but I've been putting a lot of practice time in and have been having a blast! The Fret is my favourite place to visit on the internets and I'm happy to be amongst you fine gentlemen (and ladies too).

Cheers!

don

FrankenFretter
January 10th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hey buddy, it's good to see you've taken the first step in our twelve step program. And although it's a little late, WELCOME!

Robert
January 10th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Welcome for sure eh!

What made you move to Vancouver, us curious minds wonder?

bcdon
January 10th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hey buddy, it's good to see you've taken the first step in our twelve step program. And although it's a little late, WELCOME!
Thanks, Sean! This is the best twelve step program I've been in by far! The last one frowned upon drinking during meetings! :happy

bcdon
January 10th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Welcome for sure eh!

What made you move to Vancouver, us curious minds wonder?
Thanks, Robert.

I was stuck in the midwest for far too long and wanted to move to the West Coast. We whittled the list down to Portland, Seattle, or Vancouver. Vancouver was the first job offer and since my wife and I have always loved Canada we took the plunge. We've been her almost 5 years now and really love it. Sure, it's not God's country, that's Texas.. but it's not so bad. LOL.

mrmudcat
January 10th, 2010, 09:22 PM
welcome

luvmyshiner
January 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard Don.

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks, Robert.

I was stuck in the midwest for far too long and wanted to move to the West Coast. We whittled the list down to Portland, Seattle, or Vancouver. Vancouver was the first job offer and since my wife and I have always loved Canada we took the plunge. We've been her almost 5 years now and really love it. Sure, it's not God's country, that's Texas.. but it's not so bad. LOL.

Welcome bcdon! But as one who was born and raised in Puget Sound (very close to Vancouver for those that don't know), I beg to differ. The reverse is clearly true! :french :AOK

bcdon
January 10th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Welcome bcdon! But as one who was born and raised in Puget Sound (very close to Vancouver for those that don't know), I beg to differ. The reverse is clearly true! :french :AOK
You are right there. The Pacific Northwest in general, and British Columbia, in particular have to be the most spectacular places in all of North America. That Texas crack was just good ol' boy Texan boasting.. I love it up here, rain and all. :dude

duhvoodooman
January 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Don! :AOK :beer:

bcdon
January 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, gentlemen.

Brian Krashpad
January 11th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Welcome Don!

Tig
January 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Better late than never on the O-fficial intoduction!

When I die I may not go to heaven
I don't know if they let cowboys in
If they don't just let me go to Texas, Boy!
Texas is as close as I've been.

I'm not a big Country music fan, but I always thought that was a cute lyric.

bcdon
January 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm not a big Country music fan, but I always thought that was a cute lyric.
Me too, although I do like Country music. And now, for something completely different.

SY63KTMrkTM

_0tEU1KpP-k

tot_Ou_tard
January 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome bcdon.

I'm a big fan of the Pacific Northwest..I'm not such a fan of Texas.

Tig
January 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Welcome bcdon.

I'm a big fan of the Pacific Northwest..I'm not such a fan of Texas.

I'll bet that the parts of Texas that you don't like are the same that I don't like (rednecks, etc.)!

Bloozcat
January 15th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Only two things from Texas, steers and que...uh, wait a minute...that was Oklahoma, that's right, Oklahoma!

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_peep.gif
(Wait's for angry Oklahomans to appear...)

All kidding aside, welcome aboard bcdon! Hope you enjoy your stay!
:beer:

bcdon
January 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Only two things from Texas, steers and que...uh, wait a minute...that was Oklahoma, that's right, Oklahoma!

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_peep.gif
(Wait's for angry Oklahomans to appear...)

All kidding aside, welcome aboard bcdon! Hope you enjoy your stay!
:beer:
Thanks, Bloozcat! It's definitely Oklahoma even if this line-ripoff says
otherwise. :dude

vyFSdj1J5Vw

Bloozcat
January 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Bloozcat! It's definitely Oklahoma even if this line-ripoff says
otherwise. :dude

vyFSdj1J5Vw

Yeah, ol' Gunny's a piece of work. I get a kick out of him...

evenkeel
January 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the gang!! :applause :applause

piebaldpython
January 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Welcome aboard bcdon....even if you are a Texan. :thwap Being from Philly, we have an inbred hostility towards Texans in general, Cowboys fans in particular. Just kiddin.....sort of. lol

Careful about those OKIE remarks. We know a slew of Okie gals that can shoot as well as a man and then take their knives and prep ya for dinner.

bcdon
January 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Welcome aboard bcdon....even if you are a Texan. :thwap Being from Philly, we have an inbred hostility towards Texans in general, Cowboys fans in particular. Just kiddin.....sort of. lol

Careful about those OKIE remarks. We know a slew of Okie gals that can shoot as well as a man and then take their knives and prep ya for dinner.
I was joking about OKIE's, they are great people. As are most people from the states, exempting Philly, of course. ;-) I'm no Cowboys fan, actually I don't spend any time fretting about any sort of sports. Too each his own.

Thanks for the welcome.

Cheers!

don

piebaldpython
January 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I was just funnin' with ya, bcdon. That's the way it is around here. :dude

bcdon
January 15th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I was just funnin' with ya, bcdon. That's the way it is around here. :dude
I knew that.. I was just joking with you back. Everyone here at The Fret are alright in my book, this is a great place to be. Thanks for having me. :dude

epi0205
January 15th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Sure, it's not God's country, that's Texas.. but it's not so bad. LOL.

Yes sir, You said a mouthful there!
Haaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa... Wow, You
folks are a long ways from home. Now
let's see that's really "txdon":AOK

bcdon
January 15th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Yes sir, You said a mouthful there!
Haaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa... Wow, You
folks are a long ways from home. Now
let's see that's really "txdon":AOK
Thanks, epi! I was just joking a bit, didn't mean any harm. :) Besides, you know the story, you can take a Texan out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of a Texan; or something like that.

Anyways, thanks everyone for their warm welcome. The Fret has to be the friendliest guitar place on all the internets! :dude

Geoffrey Charles
January 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Welcome Don!

epi0205
January 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks, epi! I was just joking a bit, didn't mean any harm. :) Besides, you know the story, you can take a Texan out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of a Texan; or something like that.

Anyways, thanks everyone for their warm welcome. The Fret has to be the friendliest guitar place on all the internets! :dude

You betcha'! Seems like I've heard somethin' in and
along those lines... Proud to run on ya' Don!:cool: