PDA

View Full Version : bridge and neck pup with 5 way switch? How?

Floatingby
January 12th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I built a strat and wired it with the 7 sound wiring. I love the neck and bridge pickup together, although, I don't like having to put the 5 way switch in the neck position and pull up on a push pull switch. I don't need the 6th position, (all pickups), and I never use the neck position alone. Can I wire it with the 5way switch in the neck position to run with the bridge pickup also?

I think that wiring the hot wires from pickups from the neck pup to neck lug on 5 way switch to the bridge lug would do it, but if I connect a wire from the neck pup to the bridge pup that makes the bridge and neck work together. Wouldn't that make the neck pup on when position 1 or 2 is on for the bridge only or bridge and middle? If not why. I do not want to fool with the bridge and middle, (reverse), it's my favorite position and has that classic strat sound.

Thank you
Mark

zagatron1
January 27th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Have you considered a blender pot? That'll give you the bridge, & neck selection with the 5 way switch in the 2 or 4 position just by turning it counter clockwise.

ronh
February 18th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I will take a shot at this. On the normal 5-way switch you have: bass, bass and middle, middle, middle and treble and treble. On the switch, exchange the treble and middle wires. You will/should get bass, bass and treble, treble, treble and middle and middle. Plus you will have the second tone control on the treble pickup. You will have to learn the switch positions again but thats the fun.

marnold
February 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Deaf Eddie to the rescue! Here's a wiring diagram on the TDPRI. You'll need a super switch though, not just a standard Fender switch. Doesn't look too bad from a wiring standpoint.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/100594-classic-player-%9150s-strat-superswitch-wiring-ques-deaf-eddie-other-wireheads.html

If that's not exactly what you're looking for, it's probably on his website (http://www.deaf-eddie.net/).