PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Identify this Pickup!

hearandwear
January 12th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I recently pulled this out of a 1969 Gibson SG and can't figure out what it is! I'm guessing it's from the 80's, but there are no markings on it at all. The Red wire measures 14.66 Ω and the White is 7.35 Ω. Thanks!

FrankenFretter
January 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I know someone more knowledgeable than I will weigh in with an answer soon, but why do you suspect it's from the 80s?

mrmudcat
January 15th, 2010, 04:53 AM
The gibby dirty fingers had adjustable p.p.'s like this........so yea dirty fingers gibson FTW??!!!!!:socool

Ok after looking at two sets of early 80's D.F.'s. '84'Xplorer......two things stand out about these.The pole pieces are single slotted(flathead) not star/phillips head on mine and others ive seen.Maybe someone changed screws??......Yours also has good wire (belden) so i'm going to say they are quality fo-sho......the dirty fingers originals measure around 16-17k .........so now i'm not sure:thw

The only other 80's pups that came with all 12 p.p.'s adjustable that I can think of is gotohs from the 80's:poke

238 481 inked-stamped on bottoms of some of these.Also copper tape on outside ...........I saw mentioned of two different set of screws flathead on most with some earlier ones( late 70's early 80's ) being phillips:cool:

Conclusion:I have no idea:thwap

@nthony
January 15th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Did it sound any good? (that's about my pickup knoweldge right there!)