PDA

View Full Version : Recording Courses

Monkus
January 13th, 2010, 09:58 AM
So... I'm getting to the point where I feel that my brain is atrophying due to lack of exercise and was thinking of doing another degree in philosophy or creative arts or something, but then I thought ... why not an audio recording course ??? So after looking online I found:

http://www.audiomasterclass.com/

Do you guys have any other suggestions? What online courses did you guys do?

:help

Spudman
January 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
What DAW do you use to record with? Often your local Guitar Center will host classes on DAW use featuring specific modules or general use. These can be a pretty good way to get some knowledge.

Also, if you are familiar with a DAW that you've been using for a while but are feeling stuck then an internet search will often bring back a wealth of information. There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube alone.

Monkus
January 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Spud, thanks for the response. I'm using an iMac and just upgraded from Garageband to Logic Express. I have used Cubase, ProTools. I've recorded lots but want to get my good recordings to sound great. I'm close to a GC maybe 6-8 times a year so that option might be out. Even though this is a hobby, getting certified would be nice.

Spudman
January 13th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Don't you have a bunch of studios around where you live? You might be able to get some training there. That could be a pretty cool opportunity to get some hands on and meet some great artists. I'd do that myself except NOBODY comes to the Idaho desert to record any more.

Monkus
January 14th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Studios available but dont have the time to dedicate to a 3 hr session at the whim and fancy. Kinda want to learn at my own pace as well. Thanks for the help tho'.