PDA

View Full Version : modded fender champ 12 clips Plus Valvetronix clip

Moshe
September 18th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Note: these clips are intended to show the tone of these amps not to show off my meager playing or writing skills. I made all these up, except robert's intro on clip one and #4. I have been playing guitar for 1 and half years.

Here is a couple of clips from my champ 12, With the 5 Torres mods.
The MODS:
1) new less touchy overdrive volume and gain control
2) AC30ish tone stack
3) Hot kit (more gain)
4) Adjustable bias with test points
5) New heavy duty jack inputs.

1.With the H of my $85 fernandes HSS strat copy medium gain.
2.Clean with a tele and a Robert Renman into.;)

My Fender doesn't sound very "fendery" anymore!

Now the VOX: 3 of the 100000 sounds available. All with a tele.

3. Love the tremolo
4. Flanger - I didn't write this, Anyone know it? I am playing it much slower.
5. Just a crunchy sound that I liked for some reason.

None of these sound files were processed in any way except compressed into mp3's with MPEG suite freeware.

duhvoodooman
September 18th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Some nice tones there, Moshe, and I think you play very well for only having been at it for a year and a half! Some questions/comments:

Tell us some more about the Champ and the mods you did on it. Where did you get the amp originally & how old is it? How did you come to decide on those particular mods?
Which one of the Valvetronix amps do you have? What amp models did you use for the 3 clips?
What kind of Tele do you play? Got a photo?
How did you do your recording, i.e. hardware set-up & software you used? I noticed a couple of the clips are kind of "over-saturated" to the point of adding some muddiness/distortion on the bottom. I ran into the same thing when I started recording clips, and found I had to either back off on the source volume, the recording level, or cut back the signal amplitude by editing with the Audigy software I use.

Thanks for posting these! And you might want to consider stopping in at the "Fret Players" forum and formally introducing yourself--tell us a bit about yourself, where you're from, how you got started playing, what kinds of music you prefer, your equipment, etc.